Screen not working correctly. Mod still working fine?

plcockrell

I just received my Hana Modz DNA 200 today. I had been using it for about 3 hours when the screen went blank on me. The mod is still working normally but the screen is just blank. If I plug the device into my computer and then bring up the device monitor I can see it working. This happening completely randomly. I was using the mod, went to re-drip, and the screen just stopped working normally.

When I try to restore the default settings, the screen will come on with the Upload Settings text so I know the screen is working. It will also come on with the Evolve DNA 200 logo when you reboot the device and when I tried to flash the firmware again. The only other time I can see the screen is when the device is locked it will flash the device locked screen quickly if I hit the power button.

I have also tried putting the device into stealth mode and then turning it off. No luck.

I have not been able to find anything else on this issue and I hope it is just firmware glitch. I am loving this chip to much to have to send it back already!

Below is the device monitor screen shot.

Capture2.png

Edit: Also if I press capture screen it comes up blank as well. Which is making me think this could be a firmware issue?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you save your settings file in Escribe and post it here? If it shows the screen when you are uploading settings, then it sounds like some unfortunate combination of settings. 

When you put it into stealth mode, did it show "stealth mode"? When you put it back did it show "normal mode"?

What firmware version are you running?

Here are my settings.

When I put it into stealth nothing shows up. Same when turning stealth mode off.

I flashed the 7-16 firmware that was included with Escribe. I also tried the 6-30 with the same issue. I could be flashing incorrectly, I am still new with this chip. Tools > Update Firmware > Selected the 7-16 file that is in the DNA 200 folder.

settings.ecig

Nope, that's the way to flash it...

What happens if you click "Restore Defaults" on the General tab of Escribe. 

It'd be very easy to explain what you're getting if it never showed the screen, then it would be hardware (or a broken screen cable, or the screen pulled out of the connector) but if it is showing the upload settings screen properly, then it has to be settings. 

When I restore defaults the screen saying uploading settings pops up then I see the Evolve DNA 200 then back to blank screen. When I press the fire button after a restore I see the new coil screen for not even a second. I press the + and then I can turn up the wattage and hear it fire but still no screen.

Just to try things, try setting your active, idle and charging brightness all to 100%

Also, you're running in profile 8 presently, correct? That was the only one that wasn't set to the default 8.5 watts in the settings file you posted. 

I'm having the exact same issue with my DNA 200. Screen worked fine for a little while.

I changed the orientation of the screen through escribe. Not sure if related, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Wasn't long after that the screen started only display too briefly to read it, then it stopped displaying altogether.

GreyUpDNA200.zip

I am in Youngstown so I'm an hour from both.

if I go into the monitor and do a 2 second fire the screen doesn't come on at all just like when I use the fire button.

Here is the link to the video. Give Google a min to process the video. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UlAY9Yrz8U0iWSKa-5pSIucW1ZSb5UpoRg/view?usp=sharing

I would just download the video... Idk how long it takes to process it. Its only 80 mb.

If you want to come by the Akron shop tomorrow or the next day, we'll get you straightened out. I work approximately 2pm to 4am, so you wouldn't put me out if you stop by after work or whichever. 

I haven't dissected one of the new Hanas yet to see how they are being built, but they are pretty closely based on our reference design, so they SHOULD work. There are nuances to it, though, so it would be interesting to see what's going on, and if you're here I can't hold your mod hostage for weeks.

Well... We replaced plcockrell's board so we could diagnose the problem... 

It was in stealth mode. I guess that's a relief. How it got into stealth mode may well be a question for the ages, but I should have checked it first. 

We're going to add something to device monitor that tells you your mode and settings, so we can see what state the device is in in real time. That should at least prevent this issue. 

To clarify, there is a minor bug, but the bug is that on powerup if you are in stealth mode, it should display "stealth mode" after the startup screens so you know what it is doing. The 200 isn't doing that properly at the moment, but it will with the next firmware update. 

Having a somewhat similar issue - received my v200 last night, seemed to be working fine but connected it to eScribe to get the latest firmware updates. Screen randomly went blank; thought it might have been in stealth mode, but turning stealth on/off seems to have no effect. Did a hard reboot, and the last thing I saw from the screen was the stealth mode prompt - no luck getting the screen to start up at all since, regardless of FW, brightness settings, etc.