Voltage "leaking"

awsum140

A few people, whom I trust to be "professional", have reported that a voltage appears on the 510 connector with no atomizer on the device and the fire button not being pressed on the 75 and 200.  It's not a "high" voltage and seems to max out at about .6 volts.  It also seems to creep up to that .6 level over time.

I am curious about the source of that voltage and its current capacity.  I suspect it wouldn't be much current given the behavior, probably microamps or lower.  I'm also wondering if it is designed that way for some reason or if it's just "one of those things".

Any input would be welcome. 

I don't have an answer more an observation that voltage is not flow just potential difference, there is voltage between battery terminals but until they are connected no current flows and no power is used, so that alone is not evidence that is the source of your leak.  You would need to measure some current in the 510 wires, which then would point to some resistance in the 510 and what most people normally call a partial short.  I would get the microscope out and look for solder balls on the PCB they are impossible to spot without serious magnification, an OK USB microscope is ideal or a strong jewellers loop at a push.  It would be easier to find if it was a lot of power as it would generate heat.

a lot of mods do this, especially TC mods. i'm almost sure the reason is it's continuously searching for a resistance or checking to see if there is anything connected i.e. an atty. tiny bit-o-voltage so when you screw down an atty the resistance is read or the board knows it has a topper connected to it. that's my best educated guess.