DNA 200 to DNA 250

Unless you really need those extra 50 watts I really wouldn't worry about it philipsig

I have the RX200 and RX200S as well as a DNA200 and a DNA250. While the RX models from Wismec are nice devices for the money (read: cheap) they just aren't in the same class as the DNA chips, I'd take the DNA 200 version with the 200 watt limit without hesitation.

IMO increasing power via fw is either releasing the hardware before the fw is finished or a cynical marketing ploy to avoid the reviewers testing it at the higher power.  The hardware is what really limits the power: component specs, how much power the PCB tracks can reliably take and how much heat the board generates and how it dissipates it. 

If you look at build quality, component specs, and power performance (by this, I mean how long you can use the device between charges, how much power is transferred from the battery to vapor production), Reuleaux devices aren't good, at all. Looking at the tiny gauge wires used in the RX 2/3, and the fact that the 510 shown in the device on their website isn't the 510 found in the device, I would say that it seems Wismec probably isn't being straightforward about the firmware updates boosting the power to 250 watts. You might disagree with me. But, I don't see how you could justify your opinion.

I found out while looking for cvs i dowloaded the dna haz an AMD64 processor. Its sweet seeing as turion64 ws the best series until core 2 duo and early i3... still i dont see nvidia or intel making a board and tdp makes it impossible. From dna200 to dna250 does anyone know the processor specs? I did noticemy dna75 being faster than dna200. And being AMD it could be a way faster processor.

ChunkyButt200 said:

you could put a DNA 250 into your relo. i plan on doing that myself. 

And i gues change battery tray, if there was a processor updrade in speed and size it might definately be worth it after all its AMD. And what do i do with a perfectly good dna200? Having amd making the processors this is the best boards on the market

Eli said:

And i gues change battery tray, if there was a processor updrade in speed and size it might definately be worth it after all its AMD. And what do i do with a perfectly good dna200? Having amd making the processors this is the best boards on the market

THE DNA 40-60-75-200-250 all use the same Atmel microcontroller. one board isn't "faster" than another. 

what do you mean by "my DNA 75 is faster."?

ChunkyButt200 said:

THE DNA 40-60-75-200-250 all use the same Atmel microcontroller. one board isn't "faster" than another. 

Why does my dna200 react slower to 75 i have not seen cpu of? Amtel? Just unscrew the front plate of ur dna200. Its an AMD processor. Thats the one thing i keep on waiting for is for that 64 core xenon i saw in 2006. Never seen anything like that since. The one thing i keep track is processors since i play a lot of high demanding games(im obsessed with graphic quality) and are constantly upgrading and adding things to my pc. Who is amtel? It has to be amd... unless the escribe folders are grong too and dont say amd64? Why do you think vape chips dont use a fuse or anything and this is complex. A dna with intel would be nice though. . I wonder if evolv can get one though the tdp or if selling board only its not even tdp needed as it just isnt advertised for vaporizing per se. Say i live in latin america. Is dna250 the last one until tdp is 'Trumped'? Id rather wait till he undoes 8 yrs of obama and get dna350 what ever is in the works.

Chunky by faster i mean processor might be clocked differently could be the different sofware i dont know as all i know is same cpu or gpu can be overclocked they come with software for it, just put a fan on high towards open pc to keep cool though but i guess that doesnt work in this case. Sorry been playing rise of legends again... cant stop.. at least now its easier just vape and play..its 6c in morning and like 22-20c at 11 is it normal to having to adjust temperature day and night?

@ChunkyButt200 so same processor.. i know this is way out of the field but can i make a custum order so it has a screen at least like galaxy 6 edge and has something like age of empires gold running aswell? That would be the best mod ever.at least for me.... its really old game so can it be run with thos board? (Yes i know its a e cigarrete device but they merged phones with tablets, just an idea/request.) Or what would i need to plug the chip to a pc get a 510 and take it to 'el centro' for an it guy to put in? i think you would call that downtown but that doesn't exist here... not anymore anyways.. i mean if im buying a dna250 it be nice to get it and get soneobe to make a vape pc or laptop. I dont see how to custum order that and i got no idea how it would work, with amd chip is fine but i got a 5th gen i5.. Just found my old phones box i completly forgot about treo 650! How do i order a dna250 on a smartphone like the old palm ones. Wait you just said dna40 has same that processor ive never heard about, can they make them escribe compatible? Atmel? I guess due to china (everything stamped made in china sells for under $10 pesos so now they restamp it that since they sadly opened the border with china before they restamped in us) the processor specs cant be said..would love to know speed catche if theres ram... (im pretty old now but have umm 'video game addiction' aparently thats real?! Guess my family was right btw Cuotl (rise of legends) is best, took 4hrs to defeat them on hardest setting refusing any alliance because they build in your territory and i always set that no alliance victory so u have a problem when you destroy las enemy..stupid pop cap.)does copyright even exist in china? Can they make a new dna device more like a ps vita with dna250 board aswell. Thats a must buy won't have to pause game anymore... can evolv make option to change dna200 to dna250 if we send boards? Aparently usa has made a lot of candy flavors some of my friends actually like this, should probably recomend them a 75 sure they will have no clue what to do but i think at this point (i learn fast) i can teach them how to use it. We don't buy low quality things u get made fun of if you do... rather pay more than be the groups laughing stock. I have no idea how to make custim order as lomg as its holdable with both jands if they can get a gaming dna250 thats exactly what i want to buy.

ChunkyButt200 said:

Well at least i know its drop resistant between pre drink and last night. Its a bit scammbled and at least it was in my pants pocket when i was leaving this morning because i blacked out at like 4am.... By faster i had to use the program just noticed its a fraction of a second faster to provide the wattage. Might be firmware? Thetes 612 atmel mcu's... sure theres specs for all just like when you buy gpu/cpu But 612 how am i supposed to know the specs? (What atmel mcu class it has, and can i take it to the guy in tepito to put the best atmel mcu and still be recognized or do i have to ship to evolv for updgrading the board? (Its mcu i found out people are obssesed with the accuracy, but im still wanting best mcu for my board. A quad i5 gen5 is good, just ordered a gt980, can evolv like modify my board?

I just realized i need to do the message to evolv staff regarding this question since this really affects the purchase of dna250 device (2 or 3 cell) which im buying later on once more things are out i woild like to see all options. But if its a custum midded altel chip or something i guess they can help? How do i find out who to message?

scott6058 said:

IMHO the DNA 250 chip is everything the 200 should have been.

Far superior because to myself the 2 amp charging alone is a great upgrade.

I swapped out the 200 chip in my HotFire Hero and never looked back and I vape @ 55 watts max.

Really? Maybe it is what the 200 should have been from the beginning but for those of us that have the 200 devices the 250 is not worth the upgrade at all. I don't need the extra 50 watts and never blew a fuse on a 200, and 2 amp charging is moot with a Reaulux IMO because you can have backup batteries - instant beats 2 amp any day. :D

Koofteh said:

Really? Maybe it is what the 200 should have been from the beginning but for those of us that have the 200 devices the 250 is not worth the upgrade at all. I don't need the extra 50 watts and never blew a fuse on a 200, and 2 amp charging is moot with a Reaulux IMO because you can have backup batteries - instant beats 2 amp any day. :D

Im sent a message about a custum order for the board. Hopefully they can make me a dna X same as dna250 board but i want it better... i know cost will be more but if they say they can make it im getting that! 250w is more than enough. Had to correct it to much negra leon tonight (best beer ever and its exclusive to mexico they don't export it)

Looking at the altel list and buying gpus and cpus to upgrade my pc i think it would be easy for evolbto make me a custum order dna250 with same firmware but once they respond ill tell them which i want and the specs i want i don't know if people do this with vaporizers but pc companies always put badic cheap things on pc and overcharge to get the specs you want, so got used to just buying basic pc with the motherboard, buy the components and take it to a computer guy to put together. I understand this market is more propietary so im still hoping i can get dna250 but the way alienware was before rhey were bought and became trash. Msi is now better for heavy duty gaming (i do have an open case with a fan blowing air for extra cooling since everything is overclocked) i don't know if anyone has asked evolv for a custumized board before... (higher price obviously)