Fluctuating Temperature

giz_60

Hey guys...have noticed a few times that I could feel the pulsing of the device & temp rising & falling. Was finally able to catch it on Device Monitor. Seemed like every time I tried before, it would clear up. This is on a Therion 166, 250 chip, SC Aromamizer, dual coil, 24g, 316L, about 6 or 7 wraps & clocking in at .09 ohms. In the screenshots attached, you can see the fluctuation when at 350F, but when I cranked it up to 375F, the fluctuation stopped. The third screenshot shows when I cranked it up to 375F. Every thing bounced around with it except for the cold & live ohms. Atomizer analyzer showing stable build. Checked all connections, etc... Any ideas?

Edit...It has happened on different atty's as well, not just this one

Capture3.png

Capture2.png

Capture1.png

you appear to be hitting your "cell soft cutoff" value. that is the reason for cutting in and out of the vape. cell 1 takes a dive and cuts your vape (safety feature to keep all cells balanced and draining evenly when fired). what is the value you have set for the cutoff voltage? too high, and this is the behavior you can expect. if you're using 18650's, i would try 2.85v.

giz_60 said:

Not sure about the Kanthal limit setting...never use power mode except to burn in coils...always use TC. Here are a couple of screen shots showing 2 different fire button presses but in the same frame...
Capture13.png Capture14.png 

what i meant was, when device acts up, move the cursor to see the lowest point of any of the 2 cells. your earlier screenshots showed some heavy voltage sag on cell 2. you need to measure the voltage when the device isn't working properly.

i thought the kanthal limit carried carried over to TC, it apparently doesn't.

ChunkyButt200...those 2 screenshots are of the sag when firing...2 different fires but they fit on the same screen so took 2 screenshots so that I could move the marker from one fire point to the other...

Wayneo...haven't changed anything yet...but now the device is firing normally again...

something is telling the DNA board to cut power...in and out....in and out.....in and out. either sag or a poor connection whether it's cell related or....?  poor or dirty cell contacts? weak connection pressure against the cell... 

you see how cell 1 looks like a saw tooth?  but cell 2 is smoother. if you spin or wiggle the cells, while firing, does the behavior get worse/improve?

are you getting the "check battery" or "imbalanced cell" error on the mod's screen when this is happening?

No change while spinning the cells...after reviewing the chart farther back, for some reason sometimes cell 1 takes a dive at the initial fire & then they both start sawing & at other times cell 2 takes the dive before the sawing...but now both cells seem to be running pretty much together...

Edit...almost forgot...only screen I am getting is advising about temperature being achieved...no check battery or imbalanced cell

it might be a poor connection somewhere between the board and your build. i.e. 510 wires (soldering), 510 itself, poor atty for TC. loose wire post connections. dirty 510. if you open atomizer analyzer and tap on the atty or mod, does the resistance change a considerable amount? does this behavior occur with all attys or just one in particular?

it's super hard trying diagnose problems like these over the internet, but we'll see if we can figure this out.

I already check the atomizer in the analyzer & it seems to very stable. The deck on this atomizer screws directly to the 510 on the mod...no contact points to transfer resistance between the coil & the mod...when re-wicking a few minutes ago, double checked all screws on deck & they are all tight, no hot spots on the coils...everything as it should be.  Always clean the 510 on mod & atty with IPA every time I remove an atty my mods...It has done this with other atty's as well....but now it seems to be working as it is supposed to be...

I can understand the diagnosing over the net thing...