Error press up to continue

mechaet

Hi DNA200 forums!

I have a stump-the-tech issue:

I usually plug in my mod (LittUp 44) to charge overnight via USB on my computer (with escribe running and the device monitor running), and usually the mod has between 40 and 60% remaining on the battery.

When I wake up the next morning (I usually sleep about 5 hours) I see that the mod has charged the batteries to about 4.09v per cell, balanced perfectly, and I unplug it from the usb port to go vape.

SOMETIMES, but not every time, when I get to the patio and hit the fire button, it doesn't fire; instead I have a screen saying "ERROR PRESS UP TO CONTINUE". I hit up, the normal "ready" screen shows up, and I vape as per normal. Interestingly, the battery was showing 93-95% charge when plugged into USB but will now show 77% (always drops to 77% when I get the error screen).

Things I've tried:

Charging the pack on a lipo balance charger to actual 100%.
Updating the firmware (it currently is running the 8/21, I've tried the 7/1 firmware and the other firmwares in between)
Soft restart of the mod via escribe before going to vape

And it still happens. It vapes fine once I click past the error screen, but am I playing with fire on this thing?

Have u checked the battery tab on escribe to see if u have maximize battery instead of maximize puffs..... I've never heard of that error screen though..weird......It does sound like the maximise battery is checked though so take a look in escribe under the battery tab

dc601 said:

It may be a "custom screen" put in the Littup44 by whoever built it. Maybe ya need to contact the vendor and get an explanation.

It is an evolv error screen. This happened on my evolv beta mod. I woke up this morning, unplugged my device as usual, tried to take a vape (yes I vape first thing in the morning while still in bed), then I got no vape, checked the screen and nothing, then I saw the error message but at only 5% brightness. As I try and squint to see what was going on, boom full brightness. This was rather disturbingly bright before my eyes could adjust. "ERROR PRESS UP TO CONTINUE." What do I do? I press up. It's vaping like normal. Except my mod is fully charged and all cells are at 4.2 volts. Personally, if I were to guess, it was protecting the cells from overcharging. I'm not sure though, I'm not evolv. Only someone in evolv can explain this. I did check the manual and according to the manual, no such error message exists. Yet the error does exist. I'll post a pic if it happens again.

i had the same thing happen to mine on Monday. it happened to me mid puff and it just died i thought oh **** it died. i put it down 5 minutes later it had the smae message and i have been vaping it ever since no problem. i hooked it to escribe when i got home and everything was ok. no problem at all. it could be the firmware because i had just done the update on the 08/21 update. 

Has this happened to anyone who is not on 8/21?

The battery meter has changed because that message indicates it accidentally restarted without savings its settings. Most likely it indicates a firmware bug.
Do you have any special settings presently? If so, could you attach them please?

I think I might have narrowed it down to not being able to save it as 22.2Wh, it drops the decimal (wtf) and puts it at 22Wh which then allows it to charge to only 12.0V instead of 12.6, and at some point the chip figures out what the voltage is and drops the battery percentage accordingly and reboots(? not sure of sequence), coming back up with a lower battery percentage after showing the error screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
James said:

Has this happened to anyone who is not on 8/21?

The battery meter has changed because that message indicates it accidentally restarted without savings its settings. Most likely it indicates a firmware bug.
Do you have any special settings presently? If so, could you attach them please?

I'm getting the same "Error Press Up to Continue" and same 77% battery meter reading on fully charged batteries in 3 of my 4 Reuleauxs.

I am running firmware 2015-9-30 on all 4 and Escribe Revision 1.0.35.2.

The problem is very intermittent and I have not seen this at all on either of my VT 200s.