Weird issue, watts being limited for no reason?

TwistedVegan

Hi, I recently got a boxer triple Dna250 and for some reason it keeps limiting the watts to around 120w I've checked and kanthal limit is set to 250, I'm using stainless steel fused claptons in an aromamizer plus, no issue on any of my other dna mods, in a Ss tc profile I get no preheat and it stops at 120w, same in power mode. Anyone seen this before?

received_10210564171914677.jpg

I think I found the issue now, the board was limiting the watts due to the sag, when I dropped the cell cutoff to 3v it was reaching 140w, when I dropped it to 2.8 I started getting the check battery warning. The reason I didn't have this issue on my other mods is probably cause the boxer is better made so has a lower mod resistance. It's hitting harder so causing more sag than my other mods, time to upgrade the 30qs to some vtc5a

assuming the device is set up correctly in EScribe, it basically boils down to - the board needs X amount of current to provide X amount of watts to the atomizer. if this need is not met, the boards safety features kick in. it's all about current availability and the ability to transfer that energy from the cell(s) to the board. if any part of that circuit is weak (poor cells (re-wraps, fake "authentics"), low CDR cells, loose/dirty/too small of dia./weak cell contacts, dodgey wire to contact/wire to board soldering, too small of a gauge wire, dodgey balance tap soldering (the board measures the individual cells while charging AND firing through the cell taps. so a cold solder joint or loose joint at the tap/cell contact will cause an incorrect/false reading.) the board can trigger those errors.