DNA75 Preheat doesnt work...

inteks

Ok, I just set my DNA75 up like you had with the preheat & at 230°c,10w power, 75w preheat, my device was dropping out of TC & into power mode because at 10w power, the board is not seeing enough temperature rise...when I raised the power setting to 50w, it worked fine.

Capture.11PNG.png Capture.png     

Edit:...looks like retird beat me to it while I was typing...:D

Capture.1PNG.png

From the 3 screenshots the preheat is working.  You can see that the wattage settings 10 watts doesn't get you to the set temp of 230, the 30 watts almost gets you to the set temp of 230 and thew wattage setting of 75 easily gets you to the set temp.  Preheat, as you know is the green lines on the graph....

As @giz_60 said earlier.... "because at 10w power, the board is not seeing enough temperature rise".....

All I can say from my experience is that "tweaking" the temp, watts, preheat, punch, and duration for the best vape is all configurable.  Configure it to the levels you require. Battery sag also plays a more pronounced effect into the soup with a single battery device.  Hang in there and you will get it like you want it....  :thumb:

• Sad 1

I don't think it's battery sag in this case. Your mod is working as designed. When you have your punch set at 11, the preheat works until you're within 10F of your set temperature and then stops. Yours is set at 5. So the 'preheat' cuts out way before that. Increase your punch to 11 and you'll see. 

Then, watch what is actually required to fire that coil and adjust lower if you wish, or let the board do it for ya.

Wayneo said:

...the preheat works until you're within 10F of your set temperature and then stops...

Maybe thats the problem. 10F and 10C are not the same. If perheat stops at 10Celsius before temp its to low. I tryed with punch 11 but it still stops perheat to early.

@inteks "...10F and 10C are not the same" gotcha. Actually there's no temp monitor at all, and it doesn't matter F or C. What we're really talking is coil resistance change (to prove TC, and not drop out), then resistance value based on the wire profile/curve/TCR value (that matches what we would call a set temperature).

The mod is trying to get to your 'set' temp, without going over. As it's ramping up (on it's way to 75) and watching that coil resistance value change, the mod knows what power it needs to hit and maintain the desired/required coil resistance (basically your temp), so it'll drop power to try not go over, then blip that power back up to hit super close temp, then another drop .... down the power required to maintain the set temp. 

Some will notice the 'Karloz spike' usually on the first vape of a cold coil somewhere in the area of 2 to 5C.

Can you do us 2 more screen shots, of the profile settings like you did before, along with a device monitor shot. (I personally would use 2 different profiles setup, independantly to make testing quicker, then an easier change between the two)

Take a preliminary vape to warm the coil.
screen shot 1. Preheat set 75, Punch 0 or 1.

Take a preliminary vape to warm the coil.
screen shot 2. Preheat set 75, Punch at 11.

PS. IIRC you mentioned the coil was somewhere around ~.2 ohms. Can you describe it for us. Is it 1 or 2 coils? Is it a thin wire, or claptionized coil etc.? Spaced?

thx for explanation. with the right settings it works "nerarly" as expected ;)
but i still think that power drops to early. could get a bit closer to configured temp!

in the srceens i use a dual nife48 coil 0.32mm 6 wraps 3mm 0.13Ohm

but the preheat is more importent with claptons....

punch1.png  punch11.png   

I agree with @giz_60. I set mine at 75 watts & let the board do its job...       After you see what's actually required, you can, if you wish, go back and lower the watts down to steady state TC vaping. Using my pic, it's just under 30 watts, so I'd put that somewhere around 40 for my pic.

You should not lock ohms for your coil either, so the 'refinement' magic can work.

• Sad 1