Therion 166 (DNA 250)

etz1204

retird said:

Contact Lost Vapes next .... how did you get the vendor to answer you so quickly?  Is the vendor local to you?

yes. we are friends on facebook. now display is back. and sometimes if i get puff, its not lighting again. haha my mod is weird

etz1204 said:

yes. we are friends on facebook. now display is back. and sometimes if i get puff, its not lighting again. haha my mod is weird

What you are probably seeing is the fire button rubbing the ribbon or maybe a loose connection of the ribbon at the board.... at any rate what you are seeing has been seen by many and is almost always a mod makers issue...  

It's your decision on whether to open it up but if it is a damaged ribbon then you are going to need a new display and Evolv sells them. If it's a loose connection at the board then reseating it could fix it as long as the ribbon isn't damaged... hopefully you have the ability to take the mod apart, reposition the ribbon if not damaged, reset the ribbon at the board if needed, or replace the display, and get it back together in working order... :thumb:

etz1204 said:

now display is back. and sometimes if i get puff, its not lighting again. haha my mod is weird

That does sound like the fire button is pinching the ribbon while firing...here is the response another user recently received from Evolv about his screen issue:

Date:
 2017-03-08 12:23:01
Name:Nick Coutris

That issue will require a replacement screen to correct.

It is caused by neglecting to tuck the screen ribbon cable away from the fire button when the device is manufactured. This causes the fire button to contact the screen cable every time the button is pressed causing the behavior you are now seeing and eventual failure.

Unfortunately this is not something we would warranty, however we do have replacement screens available here on our website.

Thanks,
Nick Coutris
Evolv, Inc

giz_60 said:

That does sound like the fire button is pinching the ribbon while firing...here is the response another user recently received from Evolv about his screen issue:

Date:

2017-03-08 12:23:01
Name:Nick Coutris

That issue will require a replacement screen to correct.

It is caused by neglecting to tuck the screen ribbon cable away from the fire button when the device is manufactured. This causes the fire button to contact the screen cable every time the button is pressed causing the behavior you are now seeing and eventual failure.

Unfortunately this is not something we would warranty, however we do have replacement screens available here on our website.

Thanks,
Nick Coutris
Evolv, Inc

which means i will send them back my mod?