DNA 60

Brandon

Couple questions I need answered before I do a 60 install, I'm in the process of swapping out a DNA 40D board and upgrading to a 60 in a Hana V4S today. Yeah I know, nothing like waiting to the last second to ask questions.... 

1. Can I use the prior 1AMP Evolv charge board, wired to the 60, to charge the 18650 battery? I'm talking about the charge board without escribe capabilities being sold prior to the 60 release, I realize I won't have escribe. 

2. The 60's I have came as small screen, I need a large screen. I have spare 200 screens, can I use one of those with the 60? I know I'd have to upload the correct large screen firmware to the board.

I was going to use the existing 40D screen, but last night I happen to see on the Evolv 60 sales page, under the spare screen description it says; NOTE: This screen is NOT compatible with the DNA 40. So I assume the 40 screen also won't work with the 60 https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna60

Thanks! :DD

Edited by Willy

@Willy  

1.) Yes you can use the non data 1 amp micro USB charging board. As you said, using this charger will render the DNA 60 sans EScribe.

2.)Yes you can the ANY of the 128x32 OLED's (Do your spare OLED's have the red or green pull screen protector tab? I ask because the red tab'd screens are the most recent screens and are compatible with the 60, 75, 200 and 250 but not the 40. The old green tab'd screens (i think) work with the 40, 60, 75, 200 and 250.) 

Any other question feel free to ask.

40 minutes ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

@Willy  

1.) Yes you can use the non data 1 amp micro USB charging board. As you said, using this charger will render the DNA 60 sans EScribe.

2.)Yes you can the ANY of the 128x32 OLED's (Do your spare OLED's have the red or green pull screen protector tab? I ask because the red tab'd screens are the most recent screens and are compatible with the 60, 75, 200 and 250 but not the 40. The old green tab'd screens (i think) work with the 40, 60, 75, 200 and 250.) 

Any other question feel free to ask.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if the 60 board had any role in charging other then monitoring, I was pretty sure it didn't being a separate board but wasn't sure. I know some of the screens I have are the green tabs, may be a couple reds in the mix but most I've had for some time, I'll make a note of that for reference, thanks again!