All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. retird

Chip max temp query

Never have measured the temperature of those chips but surely that silicone sheet would be more than adequate. I've never seen the board temperature in Device Monitor ever get anywhere close to even 150C.
  3. Today
  4. ijohn1976

Chip max temp query

Could anyone tell me the max temperature the two large square chips on the back of the 250C board could get to ? Trying to think of a heat insulator to fit between the board and the 4s lipo battery. Thinking of a silicone sheet which is good to about 230 c. Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Ian
  5. dwcraig1

cracked screen ?

While I don't know just how liquid got inside of the screen I consider this to be the way, liquid was present along the edge of the screen. The screen was warm, as the screen cooled the liquid was drawn inside.
  6. Yesterday
  7. DangerBass

cracked screen ?

this works ? the img attached how can liquid be inside just on middle ? how did that liquid got up inside ?
  8. Having the correct battery curve or not has nothing to do with operation on the device. The proper CSV file only serves to make your battery gauge accurate.
  9. Hi, any csv file for triples sony vtc6 murata batteries for triade 250c? As well as settings for amps pls! I found one but I've noticed high juice consumption, it gives me the feeling that 250c drains batteries quicker than 200 and 250 chips..could that be right? Thanks in advance!
  10. dwcraig1

cracked screen ?

Here is a picture that looks about the same, in this case is was e liquid inside the screen.
  11. Last week
  12. retird

cracked screen ?

Can you let the screen go black than take a close up picture of the screen and post it here?
  13. DangerBass

cracked screen ?

ok, thank you 😃 anyway how can this happen ? the mod didnt got droped off neither i hit it anywhere, i just turned it on and was like that
  14. dwcraig1

Battery balance tap question on Para-series

The charger will see each pair of parallel cells as one battery each. No matter how many amps the supply is the board will never draw more than 30/35 amps. (And therefore never output more than 65/70 amps)
  15. Wayneo

Using either setup both will have the same mAh. Series configuration you're getting a full 16.8V in, 10V output, 400 watts on tap, easier on all your batteries, and a working balance charger Para series max 8.4V in, max 8.4V output, 200 watts tops
  16. retird

Evolv's Data sheet shows 4 cell wiring and pinout for 400 Watt DNA250C.... https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf To me the 4-cell wiring gives 16.8 volts input between battery + and battery - on the board. Connections G,1,2,3,4 are for cell voltage monitoring. At least that's my understanding. Looks like the data sheet shows the MAX input current is 30A with Peak at 32A. The data sheet also says: The DNA 250C runs on two, three, or four series voltage from lithium polymer or lithium ion batteries, and features battery monitoring and an integrated 2A charger.
  17. Wayneo

DNA60 Showing OFF for Temp Control

Whew. Glad you solved it. I also have an OG BB. Right down to those fancy aftermarket painted/anodized screws (threading) holding in the battery connector can cause problems. I only know a few other BB users that even use TC. I build mine (exocet or insider) quite often with Ti01. I have a clone Haku, but never even unpacked it.
  18. RandyG

Well you have been very helpful. You allowed me to maintain my sanity during this. So for the rest of the story... I recently received two Haku Xeta's. Both are anodized titanium. One is blue and the other is gunmetal. The blue one is the one that I was having trouble with. So I built the gunmetal one. Before doing so, I sanded off the anodizing on the clamps with an emory board, based on your comments about making sure that the connections were clean. I also disassembled the center pin which holds the positive clamp assembly and made sure the threads were clean. I then installed the coil that I had used in my first attempt with the blue Xeta. It is now working just fine with temp control. I also have a raw titanium version and that one never had a problem. I suspect it was the anodizing on the clamps. Rather than drain the boro tank and rebuild the blue one I am going to use it in Power mode until I empty the tank then I'll give it the same treatment. The Xeta is a relatively new atty for the Billet Box boro so this may come up again as it gets more popular. I don't often come across Billet Box users that use temp control so perhaps not. It's a shame because the DNA60 is such a great little chip for temp control. Thanks again for your help. For now I think this one may be solved.
  19. Wayneo

Damn, you have thrown me. I just don't know.
  20. RandyG

The original RBA was a blued titanium Haku Xeta. The RBA that I replace it with was a Wick'd Bridg'd with a similar SS 316L coil. In The Xeta I rebuilt it with a different size SS 316L coil (3mm instead of 2.5mm). It started fine but then reverted to doing the same thing as before. So I guess this singles out the Xeta. Does this mean the electrical integrity of the atty is suspect? I can switch back to the Bridg'd and the temperature control works fine. When I return to the Xeta after a few hits it no longer recognizes it as a temp sensing coil.
  21. Wayneo

cracked screen ?

Yes. They can be found here or (Stealthvape and Modmaker) in the UK. Here's a link with instructions
  22. Wayneo

That whole boro area is your positive and negative connection and should always be clean. Glad to hear it's working now with a different RBA. Which RBA setup was giving you issues?
  23. DangerBass

cracked screen ?

so i just turned on my DNA and appeared like this: didnt got it droped or smached in anything, solution is to replace screen ?
  24. RandyG

Yes, It is SS 316L. I put in a different RBA based on your comments and it works fine now. So it is definitely not seeing the setup I was using as a temp sensing coil. So now I am in the process of rebuilding the RBA with a different coil. I'm still using SS 316L. I'll see what happens. Perhaps it was the coil.
  25. c8h10n4o2x2

Series V,mAh,I + V,mAh,I = 2V,mAh,I Parallel 2V,mAh,I + 2V,mAh,I = 2V,2mAh,2I But then a few things come up that might pose a problem, one is that 2I is above the recommended max input current and the other is that the onboard charger not seeing the correct number of cells
  26. Wayneo

It would have saved us both typing if you had answered my very first question, but no worries. Sounds like Stainless to me.
  27. RandyG

I'm aware of that but this is an original Billet Box with no native USB connection. I have a small dongle created with a USB charge port connected. But I have to open the Billet Box, pull up the board and disconnect the screen in order to attach it. So it is a bit cumbersome to use Escribe in that fashion. I can tell that the resistance of the coil changes. If I let the unit cool the coil will read at 0.46 ohms on the display. When I fire the unit it will go as high as 0.54 ohms.
  28. Wayneo

You can see that rise for yourself with device monitor with temp, cold ohm, and live ohm checked
  29. RandyG

Thanks. I'll work with it and see what I find.
  1. Load more activity