Zivipf NiFe48

bdaines

It just so happened that last night I built a coil with Zivpf NiFe30 and I wanted to replace it tonight with one with a larger ID. So I proceeded to use my Zivpf NiFe48 to see how it would do. I built the same physical coil that I almost always build and put it in a TaifunGT3. I was not able to get it to work to my satisfaction. I was using 40 watts preheat then 30 watts and it would hit the 450F temp and throttle down. I tried this with both a DNA75 and a DNA100C.

My coil is 2.7 mm ID using 26 gauge wire, I get 45/35 watts no problem using SS430.

I decided to go ahead and build my larger ID NiFe30 coil using a 2nd Taifun GT3 and that worked perfectly.

The profile from Steamengine NiFe52 is goodt for Zivpf NiFe48, while not exact it is close enough (400 vs 403).

My only advice is to make sure your connections are tight and cold ohms is accurately measured.

Connections are tight, and does seem to read cold ohms pretty close (.25 vs .23). Even tried the .00400 that zivipf lists as the TCR. Wicking well too. It's not kicking out of TC mode either, I just have to have it cranked way up to get anything decent out of it. Currently at 485F. I even gave the screws & holes a good cleaning before putting the build in.

I use contact coils and was thinking maybe a couple of wraps were shorting when cold resulting in a lower cold resistance.

So I opened it up,removed the wick and separated the coils and fired it and then pushed them back togther. I'm using Atomizer Analyzer during the whole process. It came out a little higher afterwards.

I did this right before I was to leave for work and I choose the wrong one (the NiFe30 one). I didn't have time to do the one with NiFe48 so when I get home I'll try it with that.

Looking at my snip of NiFe48 firing I'm seeing the resistance more than double and I'm thinking that's not right.

• Like 1

I  got home from work and went straight at it, spreading the coils, checking the ohms. Rewicked and got the same sorry results.

The one with the Zivpf NiFe30 (Steathvape CSV) works fine. I have disposed of the NiFe48 coil and replaced it with a 2 strand twisted SS430 coil. That's 2 strands of Unkamen's 28 gauge SS430 tightly twisted with a drill.

Bottom Line: I gave up.

• Haha 1

The stealth vape curve seems to be working pretty well with the 425 setting. Just ran out of liquid and did not get burnt hit. Which is really all I care about.

I may pick up some stealth vape wire just for kicks, but I can't really say that's strictly necessary.

Thanks for taking the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, dwcraig1 said:

After taking up the tcr by 20 at a time I eventually reached 0.0050 so I just used SteamEngine's CSV for Stealvape NiFe30. I'm sure it's close going by taste, ect. Works fine now for me.

Do you anneal your wire or torch it?  I've noticed as I've "cleaned" the coil multiple times the temp control may have become more accurate. I've gone from around 420F being a good vape to 405F.

Granted, I have inadvertantly switched to a PG heavy liquid (not my usual preference) so that's probably a contributing factor as well, but the amount of heat I'm getting seems to be comparable.

• 7 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 3:33 PM, dwcraig1 said:

NiFe48 coil using NiFe30 CSV (Stealth Vave not Resistherm)

NiFe coil with NiFe30 CSV.png

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping into your interesting topic especially as it's a bit of a diversion but I have been trying different wires such as SS430, Titanium and Zirconium and am now looking into trying NiFe30 or NiFe48. What I am looking for an answer to is why is the Stealth vape and Zivipf NiFe30 (both very similar) resistance so different to the Resistherm which seams promoted by Dicodes if it's pretty much the same wire (called the same),also noticed the Resistherm wire is much more expensive?