Bad Domain Name with ECigStats

GaryP

11 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Best for you to open a Help Desk ticket. There's a link in my signature line.

Thanks, I've submitted a ticket. I was thinking there might be a way to update that value using EScribe. My guess is that Evolv isn't going to push out an updated SP just to fix a type-o.

That's interesting @GaryP. As all Dovpo Abyss Stormtrooper DNA60 experience the very same. But they use a Dovpo USB3 board instead of a Evolv micro-USB board. So I blamed it on Dovpo. EScribe works fine with them though. I've never seen this on my other DNA mods including my DNA Go mods. But mine are probably running older firmware than yours.

I wonder... does ECigStats pull the reference domain from the device?  Meaning... some firmware property is set wrong on these boards?  Or does it pull the identifying board info and then perform a lookup against it's own internal/online x-ref tables which would mean a bad entry in a DB somewhere outside of Evolv's control?

Edited by GaryP

The DNA Go ones, the older firmware works for all of mine (I have four of them) including ECigStats. I have four Dovpo Abyss DNA60, but two of them are still sealed in their boxes. So the two that I use has never worked with ECigStats (I bet the other two doesn't either). So I don't know? DNA Go has the USB built into the DNA Go board, so I figure that is all Evolv firmware. The Abyss is different. Same error though.

So, in an act of awesomeness that defies all expectations, James pushed out an update to ECigStats within 45 minutes of being told about a bug that wasn't even his. My new copy of the software looks at the DNA Go board and says "yeah, sure buddy... whatever you say" and then promptly ignores the bad domain and inserts the correct one. I can't say for sure when he will have it posted to the website for download, but considering the speed of his code updates, I wouldn't be surprised if it is there already.

Edited by GaryP
  • Like 1