Temperature Control on 250C mod vapes

Marco234

so for the temperature control settings on my mod when i am in ss316 temp control mode for example.....it shows two fields one being the temp you can set the atomizer at.....another being a wattage field which i just thought was normal wattage until i discovered its a preheat watt function.....what is this preheat watt function and should i set it to just normal watts on my device theme?

Should i have wattage, preheat wattage, and temp all three on the temp control profile?

Please help this is all sorta hard for me to understand and basically get why its important and how it all works....other questions are should i lock one of the fields like tempetature ? idk...please help ! lol xD

To start with, just set the temperature at the limit you don't want to go passed. And then set the wattage like you normally would use with power mode. Basically you are done with the basics.

Now for more advanced features like preheat, well if you fire and it takes a second or more for decent vapor and flavor to come out. That means your coil/mesh has a lot of mass. And you can shorten the warm up time by using preheat. You can do so by using either wattage or temperature preheat. Or some might want a hotter vape at the beginning of the vape and then taper cooler for the rest of the puff. Preheat is good for this too.

One con of using preheat is if you chain vape. Sure you can tweak it for the first puff or two, but it will likely get too hot for more repeated vapes (unless it is stopped by the temperature limit). But this would be solved with Replay. As you pick the puff you liked and save it. Now all further puffs will be the same. Regardless of chain vaping or not.

16 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

To start with, just set the temperature at the limit you don't want to go passed. And then set the wattage like you normally would use with power mode. Basically you are done with the basics.

Now for more advanced features like preheat, well if you fire and it takes a second or more for decent vapor and flavor to come out. That means your coil/mesh has a lot of mass. And you can shorten the warm up time by using preheat. You can do so by using either wattage or temperature preheat. Or some might want a hotter vape at the beginning of the vape and then taper cooler for the rest of the puff. Preheat is good for this too.

One con of using preheat is if you chain vape. Sure you can tweak it for the first puff or two, but it will likely get too hot for more repeated vapes (unless it is stopped by the temperature limit). But this would be solved with Replay. As you pick the puff you liked and save it. Now all further puffs will be the same. Regardless of chain vaping or not.

I see i have a ss316 .3ohm coil....so like what would be a good temperature to stop at ? because i am up at like 450 and im getting weak ass hits with live wattage level being at 15w almost when i set it to like 40. this is not for preheat btw.....

also is preheat (wattage or temp) basically the same as the punch/boost feature?

30 minutes ago, Marco234 said:

I see i have a ss316 .3ohm coil....so like what would be a good temperature to stop at ? because i am up at like 450 and im getting weak ass hits with live wattage level being at 15w almost when i set it to like 40. this is not for preheat btw.....

also is preheat (wattage or temp) basically the same as the punch/boost feature?

15 watts sounds really weak to me with a 0.3Ω SS316L coil (unless the wire is really thin). If you switch to power/wattage mode, what wattage does it seem to vape well at?

Second question, yes!

Edited by BillW50

36 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

450°F should be fine for a start. Most themes should update the temperature as you are firing. What temperature is it getting up to? You can see the temperature with EScribe's Device Manager too.

hmm it does move a little while firing i just noticed this shit too wow

But yea should i up the punch or boost up the preheat wattage at all?

1 hour ago, BillW50 said:

450°F should be fine for a start. Most themes should update the temperature as you are firing. What temperature is it getting up to? You can see the temperature with EScribe's Device Manager too.

also what is warmth on the mod mean....does it have to do with watts or..

1 hour ago, BillW50 said:

also what is atomizer > coil > cold temperature 

What is the point of that ?

Still a novice greatly

On 10/30/2022 at 12:46 AM, Marco234 said:

hmm it does move a little while firing i just noticed this shit too wow

But yea should i up the punch or boost up the preheat wattage at all?

It is up to you. Just adjust it to the type of vape you want.

On 10/30/2022 at 1:46 AM, Marco234 said:

also what is warmth on the mod mean....does it have to do with watts or..

It's just adjusting more or less preheat.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:01 AM, Marco234 said:

also what is atomizer > coil > cold temperature 

What is the point of that ?

Still a novice greatly

The board needs to know what the coil resistance is at room temperature. This and what material the coil is made from to calibrate the temperature readout and output.

3 hours ago, BillW50 said:

It's just adjusting more or less preheat.

The board needs to know what the coil resistance is at room temperature. This and what material the coil is made from to calibrate the temperature readout and output.

-is it preheat in terms of wattage or temperature?

-yes but what is the point of knowing the cold temp of the coil 

12 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

Take your pick. As it is selectable between wattage (punch) or temperature (warmth). And you knowing what the cold temperature is, it's important to knowing what the resistance of your coil is. All mods shows the cold resistance nowadays if they are regulated.

I see.....so does each push on the warmth gauge basically ramp up the temp one degree

so in other words cold coil temp (usually shows as 70F) is how the coil is when its not at use? 

No, it doesn't do it by one degree. Best thing is to use EScribe's Device Manager and watch the effects of the power and temperature curves. Or you can just adjust it while you vape and set it where you like it the best.

Cold coil temperature is when the coil is at room temperature. If you just vaped from the coil, it will take sometime for the coil to cool down to room temperature. Depending on the mass of the coil and the atty, it could take a few minutes or up to hours.

34 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

No, it doesn't do it by one degree. Best thing is to use EScribe's Device Manager and watch the effects of the power and temperature curves. Or you can just adjust it while you vape and set it where you like it the best.

Cold coil temperature is when the coil is at room temperature. If you just vaped from the coil, it will take sometime for the coil to cool down to room temperature. Depending on the mass of the coil and the atty, it could take a few minutes or up to hours.

i tried to find out but it didn't help much.....can you just try to explain to me but what each addition to the warmth setting does? in terms of temp?

Sorry to bug you, i don't really know where else to turn

12 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

In escribe if you hover of most fields, the actual definition will show. Or you can even try the search feature on this forum ↗️

Here's the official definition for warmth

warmth.png.8ff70a9db55b5e00e834e1f581e9e05a.png

i read this but i am not sure what warmth actually modifies,,,,watts or temp? and when it goes up by 1 increment is it going up by one degree or watts. Thats all im trying ta ask mahn

3 hours ago, Marco234 said:

i read this but i am not sure what warmth actually modifies,,,,watts or temp? and when it goes up by 1 increment is it going up by one degree or watts. Thats all im trying ta ask mahn

For example, using Frank's Theme under TC (basically the same with EScribe). You can select either Power Preheat or Temperature Preheat. And with Temperature Preheat you also select temperature and power levels. Using Power Preheat, you can set power and punch. As @Wayneo had mentioned, Warmth is available only with Replay.

Every bump up with punch doesn't bump it up by 1°. It doesn't work that way. You're adjusting power, not temperature.

7 hours ago, BillW50 said:

For example, using Frank's Theme under TC (basically the same with EScribe). You can select either Power Preheat or Temperature Preheat. And with Temperature Preheat you also select temperature and power levels. Using Power Preheat, you can set power and punch. As @Wayneo had mentioned, Warmth is available only with Replay.

Every bump up with punch doesn't bump it up by 1°. It doesn't work that way. You're adjusting power, not temperature.

im still not understanding what warmth raises....and by how much does it raise.

I know punch raises wattage. You said earlier warmth raises temp.....but by how much per number .....eg.....1....2.......3 etc. 

sorry to be rude

The ONLY thing these or any mods can do is raise or lower wattage. Due to the properties of some coils, mods can be clever in how they do it. AKA Temp control or Replay

8 hours ago, Marco234 said:

im still not understanding what warmth raises....and by how much does it raise.

Go look back at that 1st image I posted (the official definition for warmth), and read the 4th word. That's your answer. How much varies depending on many variables

There are many good technical reviews out there that you can watch to learn, I like djlsb vapes. It would really help you better understand. Any video about any DNA Color mod.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wayneo said:

The ONLY thing these or any mods can do is raise or lower wattage. Due to the properties of some coils, mods can be clever in how they do it. AKA Temp control or Replay

Go look back at that 1st image I posted (the official definition for warmth), and read the 4th word. That's your answer. How much varies depending on many variables

There are many good technical reviews out there that you can watch to learn, I like djlsb vapes. It would really help you better understand. Any video about any DNA Color mod.

I have watched those vids

That picture just says it increases power,,,,power as in watts or temp? if its just raising watts how is it literally any different than punch. Its not that hard to get my question. What. Does. It. Raise. Watts or temp or some other variable. Power to me always refers to watts. 

Idk if you can't understand idk what to tell you

2 hours ago, BillW50 said:

Do what we have been saying. Run EScribe's Device Manager and change whatever you are curious about and then see how it changes your vape right on the screen. Or are you insisting we do it for you?

dude....as i said before....i did this....no change occured...i feel like im not asking a lot. 

The power and temperature didn't change? What were you changing? Warmth? It only has an effect when playing within Replay, just like @Wayneo said. I figured I am going to have to do it for you. Here is Warmth set in the middle, then full, and then off.

658061030_ReplayWarmth(medfulloff).thumb.jpg.104400fc7b732d0bf4f105a891ec152d.jpg

Maybe you don't see a difference, but I sure do. It gives it a boost in power in the beginning the puff. The higher the warmth, the higher it applies more power. When off, power is flat without any extra power at the beginning of the puff.

• Like 1