Temperature Control on 250C mod vapes

Marco234

1 hour ago, BillW50 said:

The power and temperature didn't change? What were you changing? Warmth? It only has an effect when playing within Replay, just like @Wayneo said. I figured I am going to have to do it for you. Here is Warmth set in the middle, then full, and then off.

658061030_ReplayWarmth(medfulloff).thumb.jpg.104400fc7b732d0bf4f105a891ec152d.jpg

Maybe you don't see a difference, but I sure do. It gives it a boost in power in the beginning the puff. The higher the warmth, the higher it applies more power. When off, power is flat without any extra power at the beginning of the puff.

sorry looking at this is akin to me looking at statistical graphs which im not good at....and yes i was changing warmth soley and nothing really occured. Earlier you said warmth soley changes the temperature part of the mod not the wattage part....but all i wanna know is by how much does the temperature (as you said before, warmth associates with temp) change by each number up. Thats all i am trying to say. I am sorry.

Well if you increase power, you increase voltage, resistance (with TC material), and temperature too, so they all go hand in hand. When you decrease power, you decrease voltage, resistance, and temperature. So when you increase warmth, you are warming the coil faster. Of course, once you hit the max temperature setting, it isn't allowed to go higher and power will drop to keep the temperature from going higher.

And you can't say like one bump up in Warmth is 10 watts more power. Nor can you say it is 10° warmer. As it isn't calculated that way. As it is based on a percentage of the power setting looking at the Device Manager. There could be other factors in play in the algorithm. As I don't have the source code and I am sure it is a trade secret anyway. But you can see the effects in the graph. And that is what is important. ;)

Edited by BillW50

26 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

Well if you increase power, you increase voltage, resistance (with TC material), and temperature too, so they all go hand in hand. When you decrease power, you decrease voltage, resistance, and temperature. So when you increase warmth, you are warming the coil faster. Of course, once you hit the max temperature setting, it isn't allowed to go higher and power will drop to keep the temperature from going higher.

And you can't say like one bump up in Warmth is 10 watts more power. Nor can you say it is 10° warmer. As it isn't calculated that way. As it is based on a percentage of the power setting looking at the Device Manager. There could be other factors in play in the algorithm. As I don't have the source code and I am sure it is a trade secret anyway. But you can see the effects in the graph. And that is what is important. ;)

i see, so its not defined well, but either way it makes the mod do something different....i guess i will experiment and see whats up since warmth isn't clearly defined

30 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

what would you say is more effective at upping the power punch or warmth or both?

1 minute ago, BillW50 said:

Well it only is if you want it to be. Most are not interested in how it works, just how it vapes. Like an automobile, you can dive into it and understand how it all works. Or you can just simply learn how to drive it which is much simpler.  ;)

yea .....im a thinker type.....i question things to the T so its hard to b like.....ok what am i using without wondering how it even works..Something that drives me deep into my mind sometimes LOL

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2023 at 7:03 AM, Kzynesma said:

It's like a boost of power to get your coil up to temperature quickly when you take a puff. You can set it to your preference; some like it high for a strong initial hit, and others prefer it lower.

And also having temperature, wattage, and preheat wattage in your temp control profile is pretty common. It allows you to fine-tune your vaping experience. You don't necessarily need to lock any fields unless you're worried about accidentally changing your settings.

Moderator Edit: Spam link removed on this 1 year old post.

Don't worry; it takes a bit to grasp all the details, but you'll get the hang of it! Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Edited by Wayneo
Removed spam link