Hadron Pro cold ohm wrong - weak spring

meloserj

Hello mates

Just got my new Hadron Pro, before doing any SP upgrade, I realized that the cold ohm showing on main theme screen is 0.72. I fully charged my mod and then connect my atty with 0.15 ohm (sure about it as its shows the same on DNA200/DNA250). Hadron Pro prompted for new coil and I selected YES, but ohm now is showing 0.22 in cold situation (Nichrome dual fused clapton) I connected to Escribe and even device monitor shows the same. But when I fire Mod, it jumps to 0.156 which is correct.

Then I updated the SP to 45 and still the same problem existed. Even on youtube, I can see the same wrong ohm showing (for example below review after 15 min timeline), so I wanna ask if this is normal? How I can know if chip is faulty or not?

Thanks a lot for your kind help

)

What does EScribe's Atomizer Analyzer say? 15Ω? And what theme are you using? Since different themes can be looking at different readings? Although yours does sound like the theme is using live ohm reading when firing, cold reading when not.

The C-boards doesn't update the cold Ω's in real time, like the non-C boards do. The C-boards requires keypresses in the theme to reread the cold resistance.

The closest mod I have to a Hadron Pro is a HOG DNA400C. So I put on a Zeus X Mesh tank with a Ni80 mesh installed. Cold reading is 0.210Ω after resampling under Frank65's theme. Firing it reads 0.215Ω to 0.216Ω.

Edited by BillW50

Hi @BillW50

Atomizer analyzer saying 0.21 until 0.24 which is fluctuating and never stopped accurate. But as I told before, the device monitor shows live ohms accurately and cold ohm much higher.

I was using mod stock theme, i even changed it yesterday to Gauges theme but no changes. I will update to Frank65 theme (hope to find it in download section) and will update you.

15 minutes ago, meloserj said:

Atomizer analyzer saying 0.21 until 0.24 which is fluctuating and never stopped accurate

That fluctuation is too great. Normally I'd suggest checking your build connections first, BUT seeing as how the 200/250 show .15Ω, now I'd suggest you check the length of the 510 pin on your atty compared to the mods 510 depth. Have you tried any other atty's with a longer 510 pin?

Changing themes aren't gonna accomplish SFA. Atomizer Analyzer shows the truth.

9 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

That fluctuation is too great. Normally I'd suggest checking your build connections first, BUT seeing as how the 200/250 show .15Ω, now I'd suggest you check the length of the 510 pin on your atty compared to the mods 510 depth. Have you tried any other atty's with a longer 510 pin?

Changing themes aren't gonna accomplish SFA. Atomizer Analyzer shows the truth.

Hi @Wayneo

Yes I did try different atty. The same build on SC V2 plus and SC Ragnar installed (Dual 6 wraps of 26*3/36 in 3.5 mm Ni80 Fused clapton) and those atty's have different 510 leg length. No changes has seen. But DNA200/250 show exactly the same cold ohms. I even tried to check the 510 connector center pin and wires to DNA250C board, checked for cold soldering, but everything seems ok.

Thanks for those screenshots. First, remeasure your ohms right now on your mod, with your mod. Then would you mind redoing both screenshots, but this time selecting the profile you are actually in. It's listed as profile 2 in your DM shot, but you posted a profile 1pic. Thanks.

@Wayneo I was exactly waiting for your comment. Because after taking screen shot, I looked to profile and then I changed it to profile number 2 and there again I run atomizer analyzer. The same issue observed. So I don’t think this would be a profile change and analyzer issue. Issue still persist and as you can see from device monitor, cold ohms are unusual. 

Sounds like the problem is the mod itself @meloserj. Either the 510 or the wiring to the board. Inside the mod, is there two wires going to the 510, or just one? If one, that means the 510 is grounded to the body of the mod.

While running the Atomizer Analyzer and poking at the wire(s) going to the 510, does the resistance jump around?

What I am thinking @meloserj, is one of the connections (like the ground) isn't that great and reads higher when there is very little current flow (like reading the cold resistance). But when you fire and with 20+ amps is going through that weak connection, it temporally bonds.

• Like 1

• Wayneo changed the title to Hadron Pro cold ohm wrong - weak spring