HOG 400c Cell 3 dead?

ScubaSteve

Had this mod just around a week and it's worked perfectly up until today, stuck in 4 brand new molicells I got same time as the mod freshly charged and it's stuck on 4% check battery. From my looking around is this an issue with the board reading the battery voltage or did I just get lucky enough to buy a dud battery? 

Capture2.PNG

Edited by ScubaSteve

• 5 months later...

Pennywise Hammer of god. Hi all. Does anyone know why this battery position always drains more than the other 3. Fully charged married batteries. Tried all of them in different slots but always marked position drains more. Thanks for any advice.

https://apis.mail.aol.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-VGjWRoTfKw3iwDLRxoglukF5absYO2Rhlq4q9hjn0u12DDiZEcftSdtobFeilV59yqtsdt-jko-uK0ko8KHOrw/messages/@.id==AFU24sx2vzG9Y67Orgm0YIUX6po/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appid=aolappandroidmobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

2022-12-29 14.57.28.jpg

44 minutes ago, Jjhaire said:

Pennywise Hammer of god. Hi all. Does anyone know why this battery position always drains more than the other 3. Fully charged married batteries. Tried all of them in different slots but always marked position drains more. Thanks for any advice.

https://apis.mail.aol.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-VGjWRoTfKw3iwDLRxoglukF5absYO2Rhlq4q9hjn0u12DDiZEcftSdtobFeilV59yqtsdt-jko-uK0ko8KHOrw/messages/@.id==AFU24sx2vzG9Y67Orgm0YIUX6po/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appid=aolappandroidmobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

2022-12-29 14.57.28.jpg

Same thing that happened to mine battery controller fried itself, can either try return it to where you bought it (good luck with the stupid customer support questions) or get someone to stick in a new board 

@BillW50here was another HOG post. In the past they have had issues with the closing panel/plate, and even sold repair/replacements. IIRC they called it an X connector. 

933198694_hogv3.jpg.1764eafd7faa07f62a9b837b8fc9472d.jpg
 You can see from this post it clearly was NOT a BMIC/board issue.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/71785-hammer-of-god-dna-400-dna-250c-wrong-battery-information-always-12something-volts/?do=findComment&comment=938127

Greetings @Wayneo! Those are pictures of the HOG Mech Mod. The HOG DNA400C door looks completely different.

1291574311_HOGDNA400C.jpg.eed5f058c41b1bba3b91a5b27cb62405.jpg

But I understand what @Frank7814 and @retird are talking about. It bothered me in Bogan's video, he was using four Samsung 25R and had the mod set at 400 watts. Then he said it was getting quite warm. I bet! That is the wrong battery for that kind of wattage. You need four 18650 that could do 100 watts each.

Edited by BillW50
  • Like 1