The occasional "no atomizer" problem on the Odin mini DNA75C. Firmware problem? Please Help!

Yol

The occasional "no atomizer" problem on the Odin mini DNA75C. After a night/few hours without batteries or unscrewing/screwing a new tank, the mod starts giving a "no atomizer" error.  The problem is solved by three presses and going to the background theme, waiting for one second, and going back. And the mod starts to work. Or, this problem can be solved by unscrewing and screwing on the atomizer.

What could it be? Resistance is displayed correctly. Is there a problem with the firmware? What should I do?

After a night/few hours without batteries or unscrewing/screwing a new tank, the mod starts giving a "no atomizer" error.  The problem is solved by three presses and going to the background theme, waiting for one second, and going back. And the mod starts to work. Or, this problem can be solved by unscrewing and screwing on the atomizer.

What could it be? Resistance is displayed correctly. Escribe works fine. Is there a problem with the firmware? What should I do?

1 hour ago, Yol said:

I duplicated the topic from the "Report a bug" thread. I hope this is not a problem.

Merged into one topic. People will come along a year later and answer in the unanswered topic. Or you might end up with comments in both. 

Not a firmware problem.

Sounds more like your positive pin on the 510 connector is pushed in a little to far. If you push on it with a screwdriver does it move in and out a little? Does this happen with all atty's? Did this just start happening?

• Like 2

18 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

Not a firmware problem.

Is that for sure? Why can't it be a firmware problem if the problem goes away after three quick presses (going into background mode) and a second wait? That is, literally, after that the mod starts to see the atomizer.

19 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

Sounds more like your positive pin on the 510 connector is pushed in a little to far. If you push on it with a screwdriver does it move in and out a little? Does this happen with all atty's? Did this just start happening?

Now I pressed the pin (you have to make an effort to press it). The pin springs as it should. 

Yes, this error happens with all atomizers. 

Apparently, yes. I can't know this for sure as this mod was given to me by an acquaintance of mine a few months ago. 

And yes, forgive me for my English. I am not an English speaking person.

1 hour ago, Yol said:

Is that for sure? Why can't it be a firmware problem if ................

No, not for sure. But all is not lost. You can click on the "Help Desk" link in my signature line, create a ticket, and an actual Evolv employee will answer you. 

Let us know the answer, so I won't be as quick with replies. 👍 While we all wait, the search bar ↗️ works pretty good. 

• Like 1

13 минуты назад, Wayneo сказал:

No, not for sure. But all is not lost. You can click on the "Help Desk" link in my signature line, create a ticket, and an actual Evolv employee will answer you. 

Ok! Thank you very much. I hope they understand my question and the problem :D As you could see, my English is not good

• Like 1

47 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

Your english was very good in your posts.

Thank you!

47 минут назад, Wayneo сказал:

Keep us posted.

I found another solution to the problem. As always, after downtime, the mot started to issue an error: "no atty". Now I didn't quickly press fire three times to go to the background screen. I just slowly clicked on fire 3-4-5 times, and after that the error disappeared and the mod asked about a new coil

1 минуту назад, Wayneo сказал:

Usually for a new coil, it will show the old and new coil values. If it did that, do you remember the values?

When you remove the batteries or the atty from your mod, it forces the mod to re-read the Ω/temp pair. 

Yeah, the mod reads the resistance correctly. The inaccuracies can only be in hundredths or thousandths