TC problems with Dovpo Abyss DNA60

raberone

11 ore fa, BillW50 ha scritto:

A DNA will kick out of TC if the wire type selected is wrong or you are using a non-TC wire. So what type of wire or coil head or you using?

Hi! I’m using NiFe48 or 316L. I make simple coil with 5/6 spires with 2/2.5 diameter. Can be the Rba the problem? Is the Rubik rba and it has a lot of pieces 

Thank you. So taken from zivipf;

Alloy components: Ni 52%, Fe rest
Temperature coefficient: 400

Well you do have the correct material file. so that's good. My 'ugly head' comment refers to Ziv using the '48' to identify the Iron content whereas steam-engine uses '52' to identify the Nickel content.

Using escribe with your mod plugged in can you go to your SS316L and NiFe profile and make sure or change so that the temperature box under settings is chosen. (same thing as making sure the 'Off' is NOT highlighted) and let me which material had the 'Off' highlighted. Make sure to Upload settings to mod whenever you make ANY changes in escribe.

SettingsOFF.png.150c43e7d6abcf8f159aa791b634f045.png

Another way your mod could have got to 'Off' is on page 4 of the datasheet. Here's a snippet.
'The maximum temperature is adjustable between 200° Fahrenheit and 600° Fahrenheit. To
disable the temperature protection entirely, adjust the limit up to 600 degrees, then press the UP button one additional time. The temperature limit will read OFF.'

Here's where you can download the complete datasheet 'https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna60.pdf'
Edit: While you're in there (Material for NiFe52 you might want to change the 'On-Screen Name' from 'Ni' to 'NiFe or NiFe48' <- something no other mods can do 

• Like 3

I would not give up so easily raberbone.
TC works easier with a spaced coil or you really gotta make sure there are no hotspots with a contact coil.
At the bottom of the Profile page is Atomizer Analyzer, and with your mod plugged in it should show very small fluctuations, or a small rise then dropping (rinse and repeat).
Then using Device Monitor (while taking a puff) with Power, Power set, cold ohms, live ohms checked/enabled we/you can monitor exactly what's going on. Screenshots appreciated.

• Like 1

Il 13/5/2022 in 18:31 , Wayneo ha scritto:

I would not give up so easily raberbone.
TC works easier with a spaced coil or you really gotta make sure there are no hotspots with a contact coil.
At the bottom of the Profile page is Atomizer Analyzer, and with your mod plugged in it should show very small fluctuations, or a small rise then dropping (rinse and repeat).
Then using Device Monitor (while taking a puff) with Power, Power set, cold ohms, live ohms checked/enabled we/you can monitor exactly what's going on. Screenshots appreciated.

Thank you @Wayneo. Unfortunately I can't test the box until Monday. Will update you on Monday morning and test the box.

• Like 1

Wow! Even the Ω's are drastically different. We know your Rubrik works fine in the 75C. I think it has to be down to the connections on the Abyss. That small 0,001Ω fluctuation with Atomizer Analyzer is normal. Do you have another RBA that works in TC on the abyss?

@BillW50 dont't you have an Abyss, and does yours work in TC?