Sxk billet box dna60 wrong ohm reading?

Andruala

Hi, did anyone observed that bb SXK is reading the ohms with about 0.05-0.06 higher? I have observed this on 2 billet boxes SXK DNA60 after I've set the internal resistance (which was just 0.006) in escribe. I've compared with a coil master ohmmeter, vandy vape aio box and aspire paradox, all of them reads a coil which should be 0.88 ohms (wrote on package coils package) at 0.86, and 2 SXK bb reads at about 0.93-94.
So, did anyone encountered a problem like this?
I know that i could set in escribe a higher value for device resistance, but i still try to understand why it would read the coil at a higher ohm value...I was excepting to a difference between others devices, but not so big.
Also, i thought that the coil creator knows he's value (the coil is fumytech - micro fused clapton mtl ni80)

Thank you

Could be just the design and construction of the SXK device.. The atomizer installation inside the tank could very well change the total resistance especially as the positive post just pops in and the ground of the atty is connected only by the the threads of the top cap thingy...

7 hours ago, retird said:

Could be just the design and construction of the SXK device.. The atomizer installation inside the tank could very well change the total resistance especially as the positive post just pops in and the ground of the atty is connected only by the the threads of the top cap thingy...

I don't think that it's the boro itself because when i put it in the vandy vape aio box it's reading as i am expecting, 0.86, a value really close to what the producer said (0.88), and identical with the ohmmeter .

6 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Did you measure the mod resistance at 0.006 ohms or did you simply just set it to that. Mine both measured at 0.011.

Yes,  i measured it by putting a copper pipe trough and empty boro.

First i've tried to put some copper wire in the bridghe which came with the bb, but then the internal resistance was 0.56 (and i was happy at that time, because with the internal resistance 0.56 it was reading the coil as other devices.)

The Pulse AIO uses copper to make the ground connection. While the Billet Box uses the aluminum box for ground. And aluminum is about 70% higher in resistance than copper. You can remove the negative battery clip (two screws) and try to clean up the connections, but I would think most of the resistance is from the aluminum box itself.

11 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

The Pulse AIO uses copper to make the ground connection. While the Billet Box uses the aluminum box for ground. And aluminum is about 70% higher in resistance than copper. You can remove the negative battery clip (two screws) and try to clean up the connections, but I would think most of the resistance is from the aluminum box itself.

i think that the aluminum box does not rlly have a such big resistance, bcs with this copper tube (picture attached) it reads 0.006 ohm, so... I would expect that without mod resistance set, it should read a coil just with 0.006 ohms higher...

The problem appears when it reads the coil from Boro (I use pionner Insider), and it only reads it wrong in the bb... In vandy vape aio it reads it right. 

20220217_185544.jpg

Well the data sheet shows aluminum is about 70% higher in resistance than copper.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/copper-aluminum-conductor-resistance-d_1877.html

And why would you expect that without mod resistance set, it should read a coil just with 0.006 ohms higher? And how do you know the Vandy Vape is reading right? Did you check it against an ISO17025 accredited calibration? And what value is the Vandy Vape using for internal resistance? You don't know, do you?

I got one Vandy Vape right here with a VCC30 Kanthal mesh. They say it is .30Ω. The Vandy Vape says it is .28Ω. Stick it in a SXK-BB and it says .329Ω. Stick it in a SXK Supbox DNA60 and it reads .367Ω. Although the Supbox is using SS for ground I think. So which one is reading accurate? We don't know until we check it against ISO standards, now do we? But I also have another Vandy Vape and that one also reads lower than I think it should too. I got a third Vandy Vape yet out in the mailbox right now that I'll get in the morning. I bet that one reads low too.

27 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

Well the data sheet shows aluminum is about 70% higher in resistance than copper.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/copper-aluminum-conductor-resistance-d_1877.html

And why would you expect that without mod resistance set, it should read a coil just with 0.006 ohms higher? And how do you know the Vandy Vape is reading right? Did you check it against an ISO17025 accredited calibration? And what value is the Vandy Vape using for internal resistance? You don't know, do you?

I got one Vandy Vape right here with a VCC30 Kanthal mesh. They say it is .30Ω. The Vandy Vape says it is .28Ω. Stick it in a SXK-BB and it says .329Ω. Stick it in a SXK Supbox DNA60 and it reads .367Ω. Although the Supbox is using SS for ground I think. So which one is reading accurate? We don't know until we check it against ISO standards, now do we? But I also have another Vandy Vape and that one also reads lower than I think it should too. I got a third Vandy Vape yet out in the mailbox right now that I'll get in the morning. I bet that one reads low too.

Well i just thought that if the producer said that the coil is 0.88 , and 3 devices (coil master ohmmeter, vandy vape aio box and aspire paradox) reads it at 0.85/0.86 i was just expecting that the right value is somewhere between 0.89-0.85.

Also, until now every device was reading the coil the same (i didn't had devices with a "good" chip like dna, dicodes or yihi)

For example, now the coil master ohmmeter reads the coilat 0.74, vandy vape aio reads it at 0.72, and bb at 0.8...I was worried just because the difference between ohm meter and bb is almost 3X times (0.06 ohm) than the difference between ohmmeter and vandyvape aio box (0.02) 

What did you do with the sxk supbox?

Used it like that, with about 0.06 ohms higher?Or you did raised the mod resistance to compensate for the higher ohm value?

And why would you expect that without mod resistance set, it should read a coil just with 0.006 ohms higher?
I was expecting to that because as i know, dna shows resistance read - mod resistance...

So because i've measured the resistance with that copper pipe, i thought that all the device's resistance is 0.006.

Edited by Andruala

Just to be sure, here is the procedure for checking mod resistance and setting it.

First you set mod resistance to 0 and upload settings.

Next with mod attached with shorting plug open Atomizer Analyzer and read resistance.

Enter resistance in mod resistance box and upload settings. 

6 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Just to be sure, here is the procedure for checking mod resistance and setting it.

First you set mod resistance to 0 and upload settings.

Next with mod attached with shorting plug open Atomizer Analyzer and read resistance.

Enter resistance in mod resistance box and upload settings. 

Yes, that's how i've read the mod resistance, there was a video on yt with the same steps.
I did that with 2 sxk bb dna 60, they both had the same internal resistance, and they both read the same resistance value.

I don't have a dna device with 510 , just to compare with a non-boro dna60 device.

I use SS430 but note there are 3 different values shown for resistance. My screen shows .51 ohm., the top number is current resistance. When atomizer analyzer is active it applies a very small amount of current to the coil. If you are using Kanthal or Nichrome the nominal value is for that. But for setting mod resistance use that top number.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 033435.png

Well @Andruala those Vandy Vape Vessel tanks are slightly shorter than a boro. So I was surprised it even made a connection in the Supbox at all actually. Because it is barely touching and the pin which is spring loaded and not even pressing down on it. Both the SXK-BB and the Supbox had the internal resistance set at 0Ω. I just checked the internal resistance of that SXK-BB by shorting it with a SS coiling rod and it shows .028Ω. Not the most accurate way to test it and the threads could use some cleaning. I also have a BB 510 adapter and a copper plug which would be much better way in my closet that I ain't going to dig out right now. But no, not all devices are .06Ω. Some are more like in the .004Ω range. But I've never seen a BB read that low. As aluminum isn't such a great ground either. The original BB has the same thing, so it isn't just SXK.

19 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

I use SS430 but note there are 3 different values shown for resistance. My screen shows .51 ohm., the top number is current resistance. When atomizer analyzer is active it applies a very small amount of current to the coil. If you are using Kanthal or Nichrome the nominal value is for that. But for setting mod resistance use that top number.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 033435.png

Right now, i've set the mod resistance to 0, to re-calibrate it...I've put the boro with the copper pipe and i tightned the 510 nut as hard as i could.

In the escribe, at atomiser analyzer it shows 0.006

I've set 0.006 to mod resistance, then added my boro again, and this is the atomiser analyser screen (on the display it shows 0.79 ohm)

Btw @BillW50, first time i shorted the billetbox with an audio copper wire, and it showed ~0.058 ohms, but then someone told me to get something better to short it and i got the copper pipe.

20220225_134938.jpg

unknown-3.png

unknown-4.png

Edit:

I've just re-calibrated the second bb, which with the same copper pipe has a resistance of 0.004 ohms.

I've put the same boro in it, and it reads it as 0.76 ohms...

Edited by Andruala

5 minutes ago, Andruala said:

Btw @BillW50, first time i shorted the billetbox with an audio copper wire, and it showed ~0.058 ohms, but then someone told me to get something better to short it and i got the copper pipe.

That is what that BB 510 uses, plus the copper calibration plug made of something like 99.7% pure copper.

6 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

That is what that BB 510 uses, plus the copper calibration plug made of something like 99.7% pure copper.

So i guess that if bb read 0.006 with the copper pipe, should not be a proble of reading because the aluminium, right?

The problem appears when i read from the boro...

24 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

I'm confused a bit, your first post you stated 0.093 - 0.094 ohms but later AA shows 0.812 ohms

Last night i changed the coil,which is 0.72 ohms on coil master ohmmeter and vandy vape aio box, but 0.8 ohms on a sxk bb dna60 and 0.76 on the other one...

@BillW50It's not rlly about the accuracy, but i just can't understand why only the dna chip have such a big difference of reading unlike my other devices...

So I just happen to have been getting ready to do a dry burn on the coil of my Insider that I'm using in an SXK BB last night before work (as I was reading your post). I used AA with the BB to check resistance while cold. I then screwed the Insider onto my SDNA75, it makes an excellent connection on the 510's center pin. I then checked it with AA and it was almost the same, just a fuzz higher. The SDNA75 uses a ground wire from the board to the 510.

1 minute ago, dwcraig1 said:

So I just happen to have been getting ready to do a dry burn on the coil of my Insider that I'm using in an SXK BB last night before work (as I was reading your post). I used AA with the BB to check resistance while cold. I then screwed the Insider onto my SDNA75, it makes an excellent connection on the 510's center pin. I then checked it with AA and it was almost the same, just a fuzz higher. The SDNA75 uses a ground wire from the board to the 510.

So if i understand right, your bb reads the value from boro just as any other non-boro device?

With the Insider removed from the Boro box I am able to screw it into the 510 of the SDNA75. The center pin on the SDNA75 travels up farther than most other mods. It will start reading resistance before the first thread catches. The Insider makes a good connection on it. The values between the BB and the DNA75 were almost identical.

billet_box_insider.jpg

10 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

With the Insider removed from the Boro box I am able to screw it into the 510 of the SDNA75. The center pin on the SDNA75 travel up farther than most other mods. It will start reading resistance before the first thread catches. The Insider make a good connection on it. The values between the BB and the DNA75 were almost identical.

billet_box_insider.jpg

The only boro with 510 that i have is the boro that came with the vandy vape.It is 0.44 ohms on the VV box aio and aspire paradox, but 0.49 ohms on billet box...