empty battery indicator

Kurora

hi everyone, i just bought a therion 166 with dna 250

but the device had a empty battery indicator, i've tried restore to default the device, but i had a problem that the device wont turn on unless it had an usb power, so i put the battery setting to power supply mode, and the device can firing but the battery indicator still empty, what should i do next, is this sign of a dead chip or somthin else, some of my friend from therion dna indonesia said that this happend bcause my battery IC is dead, and i notice on device manager, the number 1 battery voltage is low not like the second 2, ive tried swap and still the same  that the number 1 battery low voltage

Untitled.png

Edited by Kurora

6 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Yes! The seller sold you a mod with a dead/blown battery management chip and 331,000 puffs.

The cheapest thing might be for you to find a local electronics repair place

yeah, i bought it for a cheap price for only $18

should it be normal again after repairing the battery management chip ?

6 hours ago, BillW50 said:

Your friend is right. Be careful about running in power supply mode. Since one battery could drain dangerously low in about 12 hours.

I also recommend you follow @Wayneo advice.

yeah ill not use it for now, i tought it can only be repaired for only reset the escribe, but i was wrong, im to happy to see a dna mod sell for only $18 hahaha

thanks for the advice

43 minutes ago, Kurora said:

.... should it be normal again after repairing the battery management chip ?

It will fix the battery issue. If you're going through all that effort, you ought to check the entire mod components (510, battery contacts, wiring, buttons)

6 hours ago, Kurora said:

yeah ill not use it for now, i tought it can only be repaired for only reset the escribe, but i was wrong, im to happy to see a dna mod sell for only $18 hahaha

thanks for the advice

You're welcome. That was a great price for a Therion, even with a bum board. Great find!

10 hours ago, Wayneo said:

It will fix the battery issue. If you're going through all that effort, you ought to check the entire mod components (510, battery contacts, wiring, buttons)

yeah, ill send it therion community truted service place in here, thanks for the info about the error

4 hours ago, BillW50 said:

You're welcome. That was a great price for a Therion, even with a bum board. Great find!

yeah i tought so, ill send the mod to be repaired, hope didnt find any error