mod resistance

vape vape

What numbers are there right now? and why do you want to change it?

To answer your question directly, no.

It's not difficult, or complicated, but if you don't understand what you're doing then you probably should not.

One would normally set the field to zero, then measure, set it to that or a slightly more conservative value.

• Like 2

My billet box shows a higher resistance than other DNAmods. For example, other DNAmods have a resistance of 0.7Ω. With the billet box, the resistance is 0.77Ω, which is 0.07Ω higher. I want to compensate for this 0.07. I only use power mode.

10 hours ago, vape vape said:

For the mod resistance field in escriae,

Buddy, we are talking the mod resistance field. The thing you want to change. What is in there right now?

Or, sure, you can do that if you want. Here's a video showing how.

https://youtu.be/S8f6WtY-f70

Or set it at .006 and work your way up slowly. After changing the setting, always 'upload to mod'. 

• Like 1

There are several resistances in series that make up the load before it reaches your coil measurement. Every solder and connection point. By properly measuring this 'mod resistance' and setting it, you are then seeing only the measurement of the coil. 

I guess your other 2 boards were properly done. So now you want all 3 to be the same, but you don't/won't/can't actually measure it on this board.

So you can follow that video, or fudge your way to be the same. Follow my last post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For what it's worth. The mod resistance on my two SXK Billet boxes are set to 0.011 ohms. They were measured using my shorting tool. One came out to 0.010 and the other at 0.011 so I set them both at 0.011 ohms.

Contact area need to be clean 1st.

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1202.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 1:19 AM, Wayneo said:

Or, sure, you can do that if you want. Here's a video showing how.

https://youtu.be/S8f6WtY-f70

Where is the button to check Mod Resistance? Escribe has changed and I don't see it now when connected to a DNA60 mod. I have a copper shorting pin but cannot see the Electrical Section as shown in the video in Escribe anymore.

3 hours ago, TonyB said:

Where is the button to check Mod Resistance? Escribe has changed and I don't see it now when connected to a DNA60 mod. I have a copper shorting pin but cannot see the Electrical Section as shown in the video in Escribe anymore.

I always used the Atomizer Analyzer. Made sure you set the internal resistance to 0 ohm first. I used the manufacture's interface. Mod -> Electrical

Edited by BillW50
  • Like 1