Jump to content

what wire works best in temp control with dna 75c?


leea12345
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there have tried ss316l , so many profiles, coils, settings and all that, sometimes it works, sometimes not , just seem to run into so many issues , just seems a little bit everything needs to be perfect with ss for me . So use it in replay and happy , so am looking for the best tc wire type  for dna75c , Is there a wire type that works more reliable in tc mode , for a noob like me :)

thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wire that changes the most  resistance when heated work best.

Go here to see TCR values: https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz 

Use the drop down menu to change wire type.

Read the value in  "TCR in Vaping Range"

Note Ni200 is 6000, that would be 0.006 for the DNA TCR setting.

Personally my wire of choice is SS430 which has a much greater resistance change than SS316. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Wire that changes the most  resistance when heated work best.

Go here to see TCR values: https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz 

Use the drop down menu to change wire type.

Read the value in  "TCR in Vaping Range"

Note Ni200 is 6000, that would be 0.006 for the DNA TCR setting.

Personally my wire of choice is SS430 which has a much greater resistance change than SS316. 

thank you as looking at 430, do i just download the csv file as i did for ss316, i get confused about the tcr , do i need to enter this as well? ,if so how , i was under impression i just added the csv file , sorry little confused with all the tcr thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Yes you can simply use the CSV file but you also can manually add it as indicated here: 

actions.PNG

tcr.PNG

you are very kind, thank you for your time, now just got to find some in the uk to buy, does not seem a lot about , also just wish i could have got 316l working ok , spent more time playing about than vaping it , Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

You might want give NiFe 48 or 52 a try, is lies about in the middle as far as resistance change.

have you tried them,? are they safe to vape i have read some things about certain wires, sorry new to the tc thing

Edited by leea12345
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ich habe im TC-Bereich auch sehr, sehr gute Erfahrungen mit Ti gemacht - allerdings sollte tunlichst darauf geachtet werden, den Draht vorher NICHT auszuglühen...

Ausserdem verwende ich im TC-Bereich eigentlich nur einfache Single-Coils; keine Clapton oder ähnliche Wicklungen, da für diese eigentlich erst realistische Kurven vorliegen müssen, ansonsten sind die Temperaturangaben zu ungenau - da steige ich dann gleich in den Replay-Modus um.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, leea12345 said:

Hi there have tried ss316l , so many profiles, coils, settings and all that, sometimes it works, sometimes not , just seem to run into so many issues , just seems a little bit everything needs to be perfect with ss for me . So use it in replay and happy , so am looking for the best tc wire type  for dna75c , Is there a wire type that works more reliable in tc mode , for a noob like me :)

thank you

I just got my first DNA mod (75C also) just because of the “best” “most accurate” “reliable” etc etc comments from everyone on forums, Reddit, reviews, damn everywhere. Never once even seen someone say their DNA mod isn’t reliable in TC. Just now decided to come here to join the forum and find a manual or button guide or something. Then I happen to see this first. Gotta be kidding me.

Someone tell me this isn’t common at all please. And 316l is by far the most common ss wire. Wtf is going on here. I can’t believe this is the first thread I see from the undisputed TC champs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, leea12345 said:

you are very kind, thank you for your time, now just got to find some in the uk to buy, does not seem a lot about , also just wish i could have got 316l working ok , spent more time playing about than vaping it , Thank you. 

Have you found others to have the same problem you’re experiencing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wenn wir hier über Probleme mit TC reden, sollten wir uns nicht nur über das Material der Coil unterhalten, sondern auch über die Wicklung als solche. 

Mit einfachen Drähten gibt es in der Regel Null Probleme! Erst wenn aufwendige Drähte (Clapton, Alien, usw.) verwendet werden, oder auch nur Non-spaced-Coils, kommt es zu Problemen. Dies liegt aber nicht am Chipsatz, sondern an dem Umstand, dass derartige Wicklungen nicht mehr die gleiche Widerstandsänderung aufzeigen, wie der einfache Draht. Und genau für diesen Fall gibt es den Replay-Modus. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome @SquonkerMoniker 👋
Some users such as yourself are more informed than others.

2 hours ago, SquonkerMoniker said:

... decided to come here to join the forum and find a manual or button guide or something

The datasheet for the 75C is here: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf
The 'fire' button is usually the big one. The 3 in a row, well the top 1 is for moving up. The bottom 1 is for moving down. The middle is the select button.
The 'something' can be found using the search field there ↗️

Theme specific questions/comments are usually handled by the creators themselves
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Welcome @SquonkerMoniker 👋
Some users such as yourself are more informed than others.

The datasheet for the 75C is here: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75color.pdf
The 'fire' button is usually the big one. The 3 in a row, well the top 1 is for moving up. The bottom 1 is for moving down. The middle is the select button.
The 'something' can be found using the search field there ↗️

Theme specific questions/comments are usually handled by the creators themselves
 

Thank you! Genuinely curious, what makes you say that I’m more informed than other users? Not trying to be rude at all just wondering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No worries @SquonkerMoniker, when you said this

9 hours ago, SquonkerMoniker said:

.... just because of the “best” “most accurate” “reliable” etc etc comments from everyone on forums, Reddit, reviews, damn everywhere. Never once even seen someone say their DNA mod isn’t reliable in TC.

Some users have not done many of those bolded items. 👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SquonkerMoniker said:

Have you found others to have the same problem you’re experiencing?

 yes but i think its a 316l issue not dna device , also this is my second device in dna 75c , and it is exactly the same for me with ss316l, When it works good it is awesome , but too much playing about with it for me and i do think other materials will work better  . I am no expert but can only report what i have found from my experience . And tried many coil builds, spaced , different escribe settings you name it tried it . I just do not have a lot of luck with ss316l 

Edited by leea12345
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SquonkerMoniker said:

I just got my first DNA mod (75C also) just because of the “best” “most accurate” “reliable” etc etc comments from everyone on forums, Reddit, reviews, damn everywhere. Never once even seen someone say their DNA mod isn’t reliable in TC. Just now decided to come here to join the forum and find a manual or button guide or something. Then I happen to see this first. Gotta be kidding me.

Someone tell me this isn’t common at all please. And 316l is by far the most common ss wire. Wtf is going on here. I can’t believe this is the first thread I see from the undisputed TC champs. 

just do your own research, there are many threads about it, i can only report what i have found over a period of time . When it works with ss316l it is awesome , just not consistent enough for me, so am trying ss340 as it will be more stable in tc mode i think thats all .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Wayneo said:

No worries @SquonkerMoniker, when you said this

Some users have not done many of those bolded items. 👍

Ahh I see. For a while I didn’t really even consider buying a mod with a DNA chip. Then I decided I wanted something that can do awesome and reliable TC. So here I am. I didn’t really do any research on it specifically. I just always see comments praising the DNA chip. Never saw a negative or even slightly critical post regarding the TC. 

18 hours ago, leea12345 said:

 yes but i think its a 316l issue not dna device , also this is my second device in dna 75c , and it is exactly the same for me with ss316l, When it works good it is awesome , but too much playing about with it for me and i do think other materials will work better  . I am no expert but can only report what i have found from my experience . And tried many coil builds, spaced , different escribe settings you name it tried it . I just do not have a lot of luck with ss316l 

Yeah I’d absolutely love to know what’s causing your problem. 

18 hours ago, leea12345 said:

just do your own research, there are many threads about it, i can only report what i have found over a period of time . When it works with ss316l it is awesome , just not consistent enough for me, so am trying ss340 as it will be more stable in tc mode i think thats all ..

When you say there are many threads about it, are you talking DNA chips in general or specific to the 75c? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 1:59 AM, SquonkerMoniker said:

When you say there are many threads about it, are you talking DNA chips in general or specific to the 75c?

Just google ss316l dna temp control issues , you will find some really good posts to read, but no it is not only dna 75c issue it is on other modes as well as far as i can see , it seems to be to do with the resistance change in 316l ,can make it a bit rubbish now and again in tc mode . I will report back when i have got my ss430 and wrapped a coil, the profile file installed and had a vape . I am expecting it to be very much improved tc experience due to the different resistance changes , after getting some good advice from people on here

If it is all good, then will not even bother with 316l again .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some situations that wreck havoc on getting TC to work properly especially when using wire that has little resistance change when heated. Things need to be pretty much perfect for these wires to be read properly by the board.

!st.  is a coil with shorting wraps giving a false cold ohm reading, as the coil starts to heat the shorting may stop creating a jump in resistance.

2nd.A bad connection between the 510's, maybe atty's 510 is too short or has dirty threads on it's 510 threads or loose to wire post.

3rd. Wire not clamped under post screws tightly.

4th. Wrong TCR settings.

There has been some cases where LV put thread locker on the 510 threads where the ground wire connect internally on the 510 socket creating a problem with resistance readings. This was quite some time ago and I have not heard of it since.

Just to name a few, I'm sure there's more

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Вот некоторые ситуации, которые разрушают правильную работу TC, особенно при использовании провода, сопротивление которого при нагревании мало меняется. Все должно быть идеально, чтобы эти провода правильно считывались платой.

 

 

Есть ещё несколько нюансов:

4. Химический состав проволоки отличается от эталонного значения, следовально TCR не соответствует, загуженному.

5. Слишком большая масса катушки, при этом алгоритмы evolve просто не могут адекватно управлять нагревом, в результате появляются провалы и скачки при нагреве.

6. Использование провода из нескольких скрученных жил, иногда даёт некорректные результаты TC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

печать.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, leea12345 said:

Just google ss316l dna temp control issues , you will find some really good posts to read, but no it is not only dna 75c issue it is on other modes as well as far as i can see , it seems to be to do with the resistance change in 316l ,can make it a bit rubbish now and again in tc mode . I will report back when i have got my ss430 and wrapped a coil, the profile file installed and had a vape . I am expecting it to be very much improved tc experience due to the different resistance changes , after getting some good advice from people on here

If it is all good, then will not even bother with 316l again .

 

I hear ya. I’m looking forward to hearing how that works for you. I’ve looked around these forums and didn’t find a whole lot of posts about this but I did find out more about this topic when I got to googling. 

Was reading about an unstable 510 connection (damaged, dirty, etc) and the initial reading of the base resistance that could cause issues. And then of course you already know about complex coils not always working  in TC as expected. Then I read something about case thermals and internal resistance (which I admittedly am ignorant of) causing issues.

So then I thought that it does make sense that there may be some issues specific to certain mods as opposed to others due to build quality, QC issues, and other physical parameters even if the different mods have the same DNA boards with the exact same firmware, same software config, same hardware used (coils, attys, batteries).

Reading about a guy who’s apparently had zero issues with TC for years. Uses SS430 single wire. So I wouldn’t be surprised if that does it for you. 

I guess should’ve done more research than just going on all the overwhelmingly positive comments about the DNA chip’s TC, but I came across a barely used squonk that’s popular and was just listed fs on a Facebook group and figured the worst case scenario is I wind up with a super customizable mod that didn’t break the bank.

What about replay? How has your experience been with that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2021 at 12:56 AM, dwcraig1 said:

Here are some situations that wreck havoc on getting TC to work properly especially when using wire that has little resistance change when heated. Things need to be pretty much perfect for these wires to be read properly by the board.

!st.  is a coil with shorting wraps giving a false cold ohm reading, as the coil starts to heat the shorting may stop creating a jump in resistance.

2nd.A bad connection between the 510's, maybe atty's 510 is too short or has dirty threads on it's 510 threads or loose to wire post.

3rd. Wire not clamped under post screws tightly.

4th. Wrong TCR settings.

There has been some cases where LV put thread locker on the 510 threads where the ground wire connect internally on the 510 socket creating a problem with resistance readings. This was quite some time ago and I have not heard of it since.

Just to name a few, I'm sure there's more

Lol after reading this I’m wondering if you’re the same person who wrote about some of this on the e-cigarette forums that I just recently read. 

On 5/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, zark said:

 

 

 

4. Химический состав проволоки отличается от эталонного значения, следовально TCR не соответствует, загуженному.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

печать.jpg

Спасибо за эту информацию. Вы можете объяснить это поподробнее? Я не совсем понимаю 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 4 Stunden schrieb SquonkerMoniker:

Danke für diese Information. Können Sie das näher erläutern? verstehe ich nicht ganz 4.

Bei den genannten / verwendeten Materialien (SS316 etc.) handelt es sich um Legierungen verschiedener Metalle, deren Spezifikationen jedoch leichte Toleranzen in der Zusammensetzung zulassen. Mit diesen leichten Toleranzen variieren jedoch auch die thermischen Eigenschaften. Wenn wir also als Beispiel bei SS316 bleiben, so ist im Chipsatz eine Kurve hinterlegt, welche die Widerstandsänderungen in Abhängigkeit zur Temperatur beschreibt (=> Referenz). Anhand dieser Kurve und einer steten Messung des aktuellen Widerstands der Coil "erkennt" der Chipsatz die Temperatur der Coil. Wenn aber das verwendete Material in seiner Zusammensetzung ein anderes thermisches Verhalten hat, welches nicht mit der hinterlegten Kurve übereinstimmt, kann der Chipsatz nicht die korrekte Temperatur "erkennen". 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...