DNA250c Balance port info needed please

jsforder

Hi all,

Im looking to build a mod using a 250c board and use a 2s lipo. Could someone please confirm the wiring for the balancer socket please?

The battery balancer jack has 3 pins, looking at the wiring diagrams Im assuming I connect the 3 pin socket starting at the GND pin, the middle socket pin goes to T1 and the right socket pin goes to T2, I then bridge GND to the negative pad on the board and also bridge T2, T3, T4 to the positive pad on the board?

Any help confirming this would be great before I blow myself up.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, dwcraig1 said:

If  you are going to bridge gnd to B- and T2,3 and 4 to B+ then you only need the center wire from pack to T1.

I see people bridging--doesn't this combine the cells so you're running 2, 3, or 4 in parallel?  The cell monitoring won't work at that point, right?

New to DNA250, excited to start building soon and I've been wondering this same question.  If what jsforder said is true, why would they bother separating out pins and not just solder directly to B+ from the parallel'ed cells, right?

A great question. Device monitor shows no increase charge rate between the bridged cells and appear to balance charge just fine. Note I am just a moderator and not an Evolv tech but pretty familiar with using the product.

So if you bridge it for 2 cells you shouldn't be using 3 cells... for example.

35 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

A great question. Device monitor shows no increase charge rate between the bridged cells and appear to balance charge just fine. Note I am just a moderator and not an Evolv tech but pretty familiar with using the product.

So if you bridge it for 2 cells you shouldn't be using 3 cells... for example.

So if they charge evenly it sounds like they're charging in parallel, right?  Hmm, how would Device Monitor know they are separate and not just recognize them as one?  I feel like I'm missing something

And bridging for 2 cells but using 3 is just right out. Four shalt thou not count.  Five is right out.  

52 minutes ago, Critter Mods said:

So if they charge evenly it sounds like they're charging in parallel, right?  Hmm, how would Device Monitor know they are separate and not just recognize them as one?  I feel like I'm missing something

And bridging for 2 cells but using 3 is just right out. Four shalt thou not count.  Five is right out.  

You could take 4 cells for example and connect each two in parallel  and wire the pair in sled in series. The EScribe setting in such a case would be for 2 cells but the balance could be off slightly between each cell in the pair though it would still work quite well