Stiff buttons on Rebel DNA75C 21700

Cas Walker

I've been using my Rebel DNA75C 21700 for two months expecting the buttons would eventually loosen up. They have not. All 4 buttons are as difficult to press today as they were when it arrived.

I don't see any places where buttons are rubbing on the case openings, there's a bit of gap all around all four. But they all require more than twice as much force as the buttons on my Mirage.

I'm wondering if the switches on the DNA board Rebel installed might be different/stiffer than the ones used on the Mirage.

Vendor Esauce didn't respond after asking for pictures. 

I'd appreciate any advice on fixing this issue.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:31 AM, jinx'd said:

I bet there is some kind of foam or something behind the buttons causing the issue.

The buttons do feel like that could be so. But looking thru the gaps around the buttons I can see green circuit board directly beneath them. If there was some intermediate material back there I would be seeing it.

7 hours ago, Cas Walker said:

The buttons do feel like that could be so. But looking thru the gaps around the buttons I can see green circuit board directly beneath them. If there was some intermediate material back there I would be seeing it.

not necessarily. if the foam/whatever was form fitted to behind the buttons.

On 7/15/2019 at 2:32 PM, Cas Walker said:

Vendor Esauce didn't respond after asking for pictures. 

I'd appreciate any advice on fixing this issue.

You won't get any joy with Esauce because all their mods have extremely stiff buttons so you don't have a faulty device that's how they are designed. I think jinx'd is possibly correct even though it can't be seen. I can see why you have an issue because yep all the buttons are stiff but then i actually like the stiff buttons so it's just preference .

• 1 month later...