Lost Vape Drone 250C issues.

etab75

Got a Drone the other day, probably should have googled "drone issues" prior to purchase, but I've had squonkers before and they all leak to some extent.

Oh boy, this thing takes leaking to a whole new level. Briefly tested, barely a bottle (7ml) before the leaking became apparent. See pics. There is literally liquid coming through from underneath the 510  angle connector and dripping into the positive terminals straight into 2 brand new Sony batteries (now full of liquid) and bubbles of liquid through the centre of the mod and coming out of the bottom lol The tubes are secure its the 510 when an atty is screwed on.

One door magnet fell of on day one and the overall feel is flimsy. 

The DNA250C chip is fantastic, big thumbs up there, but unfortunately this mod cannot be used, its not safe in my opinion.

One more interesting thing was when hooked up to escribe, it said the stats had been reset once (?). I've never had a "new" DNA mod that the statistics had been reset before, always says "0". Not saying its used, looked mint, shrunk wrapped,  the mod in selothane, no juice residue anywhere, just struck me as odd. I never reset my mods.

Pretty gutted about this experience, love DNA chips but there are so many poorly made devices out there.

IMG_20190503_130902.jpg

IMG_20190503_131007.jpg

IMG_20190503_131136.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

My drone is less than 2 days old and I'm still setting it up. I haven't actually squonked  on it yet, but I know what I might find. 

I'll let you know if I got a leaker

I've only put 130 puffs through it and spent most of my time researching a fix. Unless the vendor is willing to do a deal its no good to me barring a transplant to a DIY project - had to many Chinese lemons that turn into paperweights.  Hope you are lucky and its leak free! Shame I do like the mod barring the obvious.

no problem with my drone , i would say you've got a dodgy one , apart from the design flaws its the best squonker on the market if you can overlook the flimsy battery door and be aware of it , the fiddly replacement of the squonk bottle can be difficult to easily place in and out but i use the ceramic tweezers and takes a couple of seconds apart from that looks lovely in ultem and silver takes dual 18650 and has a DNA chip and fits a 30mm rda or rta with ease no many squonkers can boast that

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wayneo said:

@etab75 LV has a repair centre right there in the UK if you don't wanna take it apart yourself. :thumb:

Yep Stealthvape do that now don't they? Something to consider, been looking at DIY enclosures and what not this morning, maybe thats the way forward.

UPDATE

I have taken the mod apart and dried out the internals. Removed the tape which was under the plastic plate and covering the screws now you can see inside the 510 area - quite handy to see if anything is going wrong. The leaking stems from the seal around the centre pin when an atty is screwed on. I saw a video where this area had a drop of sealant placed upon it thus stopping the leaking. Not a perfect solution but it will suffice - its back in use and no problems so far.

See video here for reference, similar disassembly though different model: 

IMG_20190504_144045.jpg

Cheers for the replies.

Edited by etab75
- added video link

... forgot to say, also used a small o-ring from the Avocado RTA, the tiny one that is fitted to the ceramic block. Fitted over the centre pin, sealing off any excess, now the 510 well is dry.  Think that is probably the easiest method if your Drone leaks. Squonking fine now 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, etab75 said:

UPDATE

I have taken the mod apart and dried out the internals. Removed the tape which was under the plastic plate and covering the screws now you can see inside the 510 area - quite handy to see if anything is going wrong. The leaking stems from the seal around the centre pin when an atty is screwed on. I saw a video where this area had a drop of sealant placed upon it thus stopping the leaking. Not a perfect solution but it will suffice - its back in use and no problems so far.

See video here for reference, similar disassembly though different model: 

IMG_20190504_144045.jpg

Cheers for the replies.

your drone looks different to mine its not as see through as yours at the top did you buy it new ? mine is relatively see through but has a plate underneath this bit you show

15 minutes ago, formula 1 said:

your drone looks different to mine its not as see through as yours at the top did you buy it new ? mine is relatively see through but has a plate underneath this bit you show

Yep, bought new, I had to remove a triangle I suppose you could say "drone" shape piece of tape to access the screws and dry the contacts out. It left a sticky residue and as I need to access that area (to make sure its dry etc) I  left it off so its now totally clear rather than opaque. Its cool as you can see the liquid going up the tube now. 

• Like 1

My Drone 250C leaked like a sieve! Contacted Evolv here, located in Ohio. Very responsive company. They took care of the issue very quickly. Apparently, the 510 in the first batch(es) were defective. Fantastic customer service from Evolv/Lost Vape!

Edited by nekoman
left out information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wayneo said:

Wow! I haven't started squonking yet. My 'Information' shows this, but no clue what batch it would be.

image.thumb.png.d4d4117d983fd2b2642f59e159af3bcb.png

Mine was programmed 21 December 2018, and configured in Shenzhen, 23 January 2019. Weren't the first models out in October '18? Suppose these could be early ones, but funny how the ones we are getting here in the UK date back to January.

When the DNA75C came out I got one in June and the configured date was May, much closer.

On a side note, mine is still working fine, no leaks at all.

Hopefully this will be my final update!

Contacted Rob at Stealthvape (Evolv/Lost Vape servicing here in the UK) and he has supplied me with a brand new leak free 510, so everything is good 👍

Rejoice leak free drone!

IMG_20190509_103932.jpg

• Like 4

Happened the same to mine, 3 hours of use total, picked it up the next morning battery bay completely flooded, liquid got in through the top battery contact, and liquid coming out of where the base and the battery bay meet, left it top down on the table since i didn't want to get more liquid inside, and it then started to come out of the front part of the case.

Edited by Hyperar
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Sad :disappointed:. Mine is now an official leaker

My condolences Wayneo, really disappointing to here this. Firstly I'd try the o-ring (1mm cross section 2mm inner diameter) that is the easiest way, same with Hyperar message above. Try that first. Good luck its bloody annoying!!!

BTW Rob at Stealthvape said the majority of leaks come from a under tightened negative nut or tube. Not in my case it came from the centre post when an atty was screwed on, it just oozed out around the bottom, not much but over a period it builds up.

Edited by etab75

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Robbybob said:

Where are you putting the 1mm CS 2mm ID oring? Just over the centre pin from the outside?

Yes, unscrew atty, dry out 510 and slip over centre pin, can be a bit tricky I found 2 toothpicks helped with that.

At the moment I'm trying out tightening up the square nut on the underside of the 510. It doesn't seem like it will tighten up but using a 510 tightening tool and a 12mm spanner you can get an extra half turn. With some success.

The whole 510 is completely reliant on one rubber washer to seal. If the nut is tight and the 510 pin which has the potential for lateral movement moves straight up and down there "should" be no leaks.

It's really frustrating

29 minutes ago, Robbybob said:

At the moment I'm trying out tightening up the square nut on the underside of the 510. It doesn't seem like it will tighten up but using a 510 tightening tool and a 12mm spanner you can get an extra half turn. With some success.

The whole 510 is completely reliant on one rubber washer to seal. If the nut is tight and the 510 pin which has the potential for lateral movement moves straight up and down there "should" be no leaks.

It's really frustrating

Good luck - let us know how you get on. It is fixable, but annoying nonetheless!