Battery life isn't that great on dna250c Why?

onikami

Hi all,

I am finding that the battery life isn't all that great on the DNA250c think finder. This is a bit odd considering all reviews say it has great battery life. 

I am wondering if the battery selection on escibe is correct? At the moment it is set as Lithium Ion 18650 3 cell. Cell cut off as 2.75v

I am using 3 x LG HG2 3000 mah 3.7v Brown  batteries.

Should I change the battery type to Lithium Polymer? 

The batteries I am using arent new, i've had them for a while but it shouldn't last longer than I am experiencing. seems to go down to 80% pretty quickly.

Edited by onikami

17 hours ago, onikami said:

Lithium Ion 18650 3 cell. Cell cut off as 2.75v

Those are the correct settings. You might want to change that 2.75v to 2.9v
The mod uses the actual volts to determine when they're empty, what is that?
All that 80% number does is control your icon.

Run your own Battery Analyzer for your batteries, or search and find someone elses and use that. 

3 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Those are the correct settings. You might want to change that 2.75v to 2.9v
All that 80% number does is control your icon.

Run your own Battery Analyzer for your batteries, or search and find someone elses and use that. 

Cheers. I've changed it to 2.9v

It seems the mod isn't good at reading the battery. the battery indicator reader sinks to 80% quicker than I would expect. When I take the battery out to charge with external charger, the battery seems still to have a lot of charge left.  

8 hours ago, vimagreg said:

Maybe that's because of the pre-heat. I had this same issue, solved it turning off it.

8 hours ago, vimagreg said:

Maybe that's because of the pre-heat. I had this same issue, solved it turning off it.

Can you tell me how to turn the pre-heat off?

В 28.04.2019 в 22:03, onikami сказал:

I am using 3 x LG HG2 3000 mah 3.7v Brown  batteries

The battery should have 4.2 volts when fully charged. 3.7 volts should correspond to 80% charge. You need to change the batteries or set the battery to 100% charge at 3.7 volts. Try a battery test

image.thumb.png.60c0cd09cce7aa58c9be69e626123f22.png

Печать.jpg

9 hours ago, zark said:

The battery should have 4.2 volts when fully charged. 3.7 volts should correspond to 80% charge. You need to change the batteries or set the battery to 100% charge at 3.7 volts. Try a battery test

image.thumb.png.60c0cd09cce7aa58c9be69e626123f22.png

Печать.jpg

How do I set the battery to 100% charge at 3.7 volts?

Our comrade @zark actually put a 'period' or 'full stop' after his first thought, unlike some. You definitely don't want to do what you asked. I guess you're also not going to answer the only question I did ask in my first post.

Edit: I think later in his post his writing got 'lost in translation'

i'm not clear on the question you are referring to? if you are referring to the below, I really don't understand the question. 

On 4/29/2019 at 1:39 PM, Wayneo said:

@onikami Thank you for saying you did not understand! When your mod eventually dies, or 'weak battery' or 'check battery' warning <- Either on your mod, or an external battery charger you should be able to see the voltage (energy) left in the battery.

If we ever say something you don't understand, just let us know :hand_splayed:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I use 2  Molicel/NPE  INR-18650-P28A 35A 2800mAh Flat Top 18650 Batterys, in my Lost Vape Drone DNA250C BF Squonk Mod, and I'm getting 2 days out of them. I vape a lot and it's not my only good mod but it's my favorite.

I'm super impressed with the Whole Molicel/NPE  Line of Batterys. I use all of them, 18650 2600 mAh  and 2800 mAh, 20700 and 21700. I love them all!