Orion Pod Supply Shortage

autocannibal

I have not been able to source the 0.5Ω or 0.25Ω Orion pods for nearly 3 weeks. Customers are getting upset and I have an abundance of Q pods available. The solutions for running a Q pod discussed here sound good as the DNA Go should be more than capable for firing a 1.0Ω coil. Advanced user settings in Escribe dont scare me but will be way over the heads of many of my customers. Hopefully Lost Vape will start churning these pods out very soon. I was wondering if Evolv has considered updating the Go to be able to use the 1.0Ω pods automatically? The user recommended Ω range of 0.8-1.2Ω for the Q pods is outside the default parameters for the 0.5Ω pod so I would think it would be as simple as adding a 3rd profile. 

0.8-1.2Ω Replay off, 10-11-12W 0 boost or something like that.

When the Orion first came out I thought it was wasting some of the potential of the DNA Go. I think that giving users an easy official way to have both more options and a way around supply shortages would really illustrate the value in buying an Evolv product.  

hum, I just  looked at about 7 vendors I've used and all had pods in stock.....  just ordered 20 pods a few days ago and they delivered today via USPS.....  maybe you could google Orion Pods and maybe pass the info to your customers till you get sourcing solved.... just a thought....

Brick and mortar shops will forever be in a losing battle with online retailers. Customers dont need to be told they can get these products online and likely a bit cheaper at that. If they are coming in a store its for convenience, support or knowledge. I have checked at least 7 wholesalers and not one has had these pods for the past 2 weeks. You can be sure I will be going quite heavy on these as soon as I see them again. In the mean time, its hard to have to tell your customers that the device you sold them is useless unless they can find them online somewhere. Especially when there is another version  that has fewer features for half the price which I can get pods for. There is a solution on this forum which I will pass on to our more advanced customers but it would be great to see an official feature added. As I said, I know the DNA Go is more than capable of firing a ~1Ω KA1 coil and it seems like it would just be a few lines of code.

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2019 at 11:12 AM, autocannibal said:

I have not been able to source the 0.5Ω or 0.25Ω Orion pods for nearly 3 weeks. Customers are getting upset and I have an abundance of Q pods available. The solutions for running a Q pod discussed here sound good as the DNA Go should be more than capable for firing a 1.0Ω coil. Advanced user settings in Escribe dont scare me but will be way over the heads of many of my customers. Hopefully Lost Vape will start churning these pods out very soon. I was wondering if Evolv has considered updating the Go to be able to use the 1.0Ω pods automatically? The user recommended Ω range of 0.8-1.2Ω for the Q pods is outside the default parameters for the 0.5Ω pod so I would think it would be as simple as adding a 3rd profile. 

0.8-1.2Ω Replay off, 10-11-12W 0 boost or something like that.

When the Orion first came out I thought it was wasting some of the potential of the DNA Go. I think that giving users an easy official way to have both more options and a way around supply shortages would really illustrate the value in buying an Evolv product.  

11w seems to be the sweet spot for me on the 1 ohm pods. I have changed my settings back to the default MTL settings, except for the change to the range for the ohms since my last post in that thread that you are referencing. The boost of 3 on the 11w and warmth of 5 seems to work just fine. I had originally turned the boost all of the way down along with the warmth in an attempt to prolong the life of the pod. I found that I was having to fire it up more often because the hits weren't as potent, which eventually led to the pod burning up more quickly. The 1 ohm pod seems to last the longest out of the 3, followed by the ,25 then the .5, at least for me. While I set the 1.0 pod up on the MTL side now, I still use it as DL. The flavor on the 1.0 pod is also much better than the others, as well. My only complaint is that there is no replay with it like the other 2. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

The 1.0 coils wont fire above 13w, even if theyre set to 30. Why would the Q be able to fire them at 17w but not the dna?

And the warmth only matters for replay mode and the 1.0 wont even go into replay mode because it's kanthal not stainless. Which is also why the flavor is so much better

Edited by Toasties