With Replay, is there still any need for TC mode?

DBA

New user, I've had trouble with temp protect errors with no firing when I try to use the molecule coil on a Sai TAF in TC profile. I think I strummed it correctly, but it was my first attempt and I don't have another to try. TC works fine with the Ti and Quartz buckets. The mole works fine in Replay without TC, I fired until there was the beginning of vapor production and saved that. It works great pretty much every time. I am I missing something by not using TC with the mole, or does Replay just replace it? 

It is fair to say replay replaces temp control, it is built on top of Evolv's temp control tech and couldn't work without it.  A bit like some cars having computerised driving aids replay would be like the manufactures preset that works for most folks, but having all the fine adjustments with TC is more akin to a track car and can provide greater control and performance when desired.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
On 2/3/2019 at 9:28 AM, DBA said:

TC works fine with the Ti and Quartz buckets.

Could you please elaborate on your experiences with quartz buckets? I am using a Longmada Motar on a GeekVape Z100C with a quartz bucket. Well, technically the heating element is quartz, the bucket is ceramic. Some use fused quartz glass instead of clear ceramic buckets. I have been told on another forum that the TCR value for Quartz was so low that there was not a chip set that could use TC with quartz. The Ohms are stated as 0.4ohm by manufacturer but in my experience on my Aegis Legend 2 and my current mod it tests at 0.31ohm to 0.46ohm when cold. It rises to at least 0.7ohm when in use. I can't remember the TCR value. I want to say it was T 0.0002 but I would have to go back and check E-cig forum to be sure what another poster who appeared to know everything about everything said. It was lower than my mod at that time, the Aegis Legend 2, or any other chip set could be set too. He was unpleasant, but probably correct in my my opinion.

Do you have any data or resources that I could obtain to help me to better research this new heating element material? I would also be interested in anyone who was more experienced and knowledgeable than myself to help me in this task. I could possibly, maybe, provide a Motar attachment to any who were willing.

Could someone please recommend a location in this forum that would be best for bringing up this topic and getting maximum participation?

11 hours ago, DodR said:

........ I can't remember the TCR value. I want to say it was T 0.0002

I have no clue what that value is denoted by 'T' but if it's supposed to be TCR then it's Kanthal. NOT controllable. The minimum controllable material TCR is ~0.0008.

11 hours ago, DodR said:

The Ohms are stated as 0.4ohm by manufacturer but in my experience on my Aegis Legend 2 and my current mod it tests at 0.31ohm to 0.46ohm when cold

Those 'cold ohms' also seems wonky. You're showing ~50% difference just on cold ohms, before heating. Thinking about how TC works, a increase from .31Ω to .70Ω is a whole lot different from .46Ω to .70Ω

Here's what I'd like you to do WITH A COLD (ambient) SETUP.
Start escribe. Find (left hand side) where it says 'Current Profile'
Just below, click the Profile number from above.
Scroll to the bottom of the page. Start 'atomizer analyzer'. Take a screenshot (link in my signature)
Watch that for about a minute, and tell me the low and high values.

Close that screen. Start 'Device Monitor'. On the left hand side enable/click these four (4)boxes
Voltage, Power, Cold Ohms, Live Ohms.
Find where that Pause icon is on the right hand side, just below the graph.
Take a puff then pause the screen.
Take another screenshot

Post those 2 screenshots. Your 1st screenshot should look exactly like this.

450872637_ScreenShot2023-07-12at12_04_20PM.thumb.png.0988f9302de09b9734ac8de1ecfa317a.png