DNA 60 Firmware

DigitalSmoker

Here you go:

http://www.dna200.de/mac-escribe/

Latest ist SP19.  And maybe import the battery curves as well. Helps the chip to know your battery better.

But i still need to sit down with device monitor to find out the Punch Settings in % or Watt. 

And it would be so cool if we would be able to delete profiles.

@Wayneo 

is there a Wishlist or Feature place where i could request the escribe software change to be able to delete unused profiles?
I think i am not alone with this wish. Thank you!

@DigitalSmoker

i did configure the following profiles

1 - Watt - no punch
2  - Watt +3 Punch
3 - Watt +5
4 - Watt +7
5 - Watt +9
6 - Watt +11
7 - TC SS 316 - 40 Watt Preheat
8 - TC SS 316 - 50 Watt Preheat

I do mostly use Watt so extended the punch into several profiles.
While i am in TC i just need to adjust the Temperature then. 

Edited by ArminF

1 hour ago, ArminF said:

is there a Wishlist or Feature place where i could request the escribe software change

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=5

While I'm here, just wondering WHY you continually send others offsite for the escribe software? It is officially published here by the author, in English, and without passwords? Link in my sig. 

So even after re-flashing firmware issues still presist. Can not use device manager, display reads "check atomizer" and resistance still continues to fluctuate in wattage mode. Coil reads .46 on various other mods but on the SXK Billet Box it fluctuates anywhere between .42 to .48. Not sure if this is just a issue with BB's due to just poor connections with the key and housing of box. Any ideas out there? Thanks for your help-

@Wayneo

thank you for the link i will open a suggestion.

About the link to DNA Crew Germany and the escribe software.

If i follow the link https://www.evolvapor.com/escribe i do end up with the SP17 which is not the latest.
On DNA Crew link you will get the SP19 for download.  That is the reason.  Also i did found my batteries there.
But i did check your link (which is very tiny formatted) and will keep in mind.

@DigitalSmoker

Does not look like a firmware issue. More like a contact or coil problem. If it is SS the resistance will change and get higher after the coil was heated up.
Maybe check the top/Drip Tip Screw, clean the threads and contact. 

You can also try to restore factory settings through escribe but for me it looks more hardware coil related. 
Maybe the bridge has an issue. Can you try another bridge or coil?

Edited by ArminF
more details

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 6:52 PM, ArminF said:

Here you go:

http://www.dna200.de/mac-escribe/

Latest ist SP19.  And maybe import the battery curves as well. Helps the chip to know your battery better.

But i still need to sit down with device monitor to find out the Punch Settings in % or Watt. 

And it would be so cool if we would be able to delete profiles.

@Wayneo 

is there a Wishlist or Feature place where i could request the escribe software change to be able to delete unused profiles?
I think i am not alone with this wish. Thank you!

@DigitalSmoker

i did configure the following profiles

1 - Watt - no punch
2  - Watt +3 Punch
3 - Watt +5
4 - Watt +7
5 - Watt +9
6 - Watt +11
7 - TC SS 316 - 40 Watt Preheat
8 - TC SS 316 - 50 Watt Preheat

I do mostly use Watt so extended the punch into several profiles.
While i am in TC i just need to adjust the Temperature then. 

@ArminF

This is a little bizarre that the evolv site has an older version of the firmware.  Would have thought that the evolv website has the latest which makes me a little suspicious about the download from Pcloud ???  I would appreciate your comments.

And another issue I'm having is i'm trying to get a copy of the original theme file from the Billet Box...eg. Doug Dino.  Any ideas....obviously it can be copied directly off an original dna60 billet box but I don't know anyone near me with one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

9 hours ago, BB Fanboy said:

This is a little bizarre that the evolv site has an older version of the firmware.  Would have thought that the evolv website has the latest which makes me a little suspicious about the download from Pcloud ???  I would appreciate your comments.

I'm not @ArminF, but that version of the software can be found right here.  No password required.

• Like 1

@ArminF and @Wayneo

Thanks...yes after further research I did note that it was a bona fide software release but found that it was full of glitches etc.

Have these now been ironed out?  I suppose it seems unlikely as it hasn't been officially posted yet as an update.

Thank you both for your responses...I am new to the DNA chip after getting the Lost Vape Drone and most recently the SXK billet box, both of which have made me a consummate fan.

Cheers

Charlie

Edited by BB Fanboy

Some 'glitches etc.' are real or mod specific, while some are merely new user misunderstanding. But you have the ability to roll backward or forward at your leisure.
If your mods are both working fine, you do not need to upgrade either. You will note from the link I posted, the prior problems fixed and for which board type.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BB Fanboy said:

I don't suppose you know where to get a copy of the original Billet Box firmware do you ??

The 'firmware' on the OG is exactly the same as can be found here. I don't know if they even use the latest, but I could imagine that because they're an American manufacturer, to stay on the good side of the FDA, they'd not load the Intl. version.

If you're talking customizations, it was all set for defaults, and the 8 profile settings were minimal. You're not really missing anything except a logo or 2. I do have a copy, but am not comfortable sharing, 

• Like 1