Constant temp protect warning in wattage mode

Calvary_Creations

So I have a customer with a mod that in wattage mode constantly says temp protect as soon as you fire. It used to work fine in watt boost though. Now it is doing it there too. What can I do to get rid of this message and get this guy rolling again? The mod is a 250 dual 21700 200w.  I do not have the mod yet but he has never had it hooked to escribe. I have had other boards do this in wattage mode but always worked fine in watt boost.

Hmmmm, for starters you might get him to upgrade to the latest firmware (SP19).  Also, that temp protect message behaviour has been changed on these color boards to also identify run-away ohms in non TC mode. He can address the firmware from the comfort of his home with no downtime. If that doesn't solve it, then you should look at the build.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I also am having this problem. From what I've seen read, It's a common problem with this model and I have yet to see any forums where anyone has properly resolved this issue. I am considering buying a DNA75 board and putting it in mine,  and then rewiring the battery terminals from series to parallel.  I wonder  if anyone else has has tried it.   

I did some testing and it seems to be an issue when using anodized 510s.  Another modder brought it to my attention and i tested it and that really seems to be the culprit.  I took a dremel and grinded away the black anodized finish on the threads of the 510 and problem went away.

• Like 1

So you mean you shaved off the actual thin outer finish off of the internal connecter, threads and all? So I imagine you had to remove it from the mod first, then Dremel it with some kind of wire brush end and then reconnecting it to the DNA250?  Am I understanding this correctly? If there's a  physical modification I can do to fix it that would be great! The 510 connector on mine is aluminum colour but is probably still anodized. 

Edited by Doobie Dabs

I've been vaping for about 7 years now and I'm not sure if I've ever seen an aluminum 510 . In the old days a lot of them were nickle plated brass and they wore quite quickly. Most all of today's 510's are stainless steel. The colored one generally have coating similar to what's used on fire arms. This coating if on the on threads interferes with conduction.

The DNA250 board model wise is about as good of a board has one can get, that being said my guess is some type of connection issue between the board and the coil.

The lower the ohms of the load the more critical accurate connections become.