New Orion 1.0 Ohm Pods and how to use them

BryanG

If you managed to get some of the new Orion 1.0 ohm pods and want to use them before they put out an official update for the DNA Orion versus the new non-DNA Orion Q, then you do so by putting your eScribe into manufacturer mod, and setting the resistance range of one of the modes within the range of the pod. I have mine set in "DL" mode to .8 and 1.2 and then the wattages from 8-15 watts through the three modes. This lets me still have my MTL mode for .5 ohm pods. I have a feeling it may take a while for Evolv to get around to the update, so there is your cheater way to set it up for functionality.

However, the device seems to want to fire only up to 12 watts for some reason according to the active monitoring. Thats sufficient for 1.0 ohm, but there definitely seems to be a ceiling and honestly it doesnt vape well enough to warrant me going into deeper settings or analytics to find out why. 

Also, a quick aside, the pod is designed differently for a 1 ohm with what seems to be extra plastic molding for more doming and restriction towards the top of the coil section of the pod in effort to make it more "Mouth to Lung" but it fails pretty badly. They tried to restrict it to feel more MTL like a juul, zero, suorin, etc pod system ,  but you have to run it either with just a pinhole or completely off to make it feel similar to any true MTL style system. It will also still cough you to death and hits very, very rough with air restricted to what I would consider MTL levels with nicotine salts. It vapes fine in direct to lung with possibly a little bit better flavor versus the .5 pod. Its not going to do well as a true MTL pod with their current airflow configurations. 

In the new Orion Q, it vapes pretty much the same but just slightly stronger. Probably a preset voltage or wattage setting on a sliding scale depending on the pod inserted. 

5 minutes ago, retird said:

So it's not a Lost Vapes 1 ohm pod but a knock off?  

No, it's a lost vape pod. It came with the new Orion Q, which is the cheaper version of the Orion with a non-DNA chip.  They sent two packs.

They may not be widely available or readily available to public yet. But it is a Lost Vape product.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb BryanG:

No, it's a lost vape pod. It came with the new Orion Q, which is the cheaper version of the Orion with a non-DNA chip.  They sent two packs.

They may not be widely available or readily available to public yet. But it is a Lost Vape product.

Is there anything known about a possible release date of LV Orion Q for europeen countrys?

I guess they'll release the 1.0 Ohm Pods together with the Q.

33 minutes ago, skywolkor said:

Is there anything known about a possible release date of LV Orion Q for europeen countrys?

I guess they'll release the 1.0 Ohm Pods together with the Q.

Welcome to the Evolv DNA Forum. This is an EVOLV Forum thus Non-DNA products are not tracked here.  This forum thread is for the DNA Go board.  Talking about the Lost Vape pods fits because it is a part of the Lost Vape Orion which contains a DNA Go board.  You might be able to get some discussion by visiting an e-cig forum such as ECF.  

• Like 1

I did a bit of checking about this 1 ohm pod.  Apparently it has a Kanthal coil and is a Lost Vapes pod, however, it is not compatible with the DNA Orion.  The 1 ohm kanthal coil is not compatible with the original Orion but you can force the Orion to recognize the pod.  Because the DNA Go board  is designed for pod resistances from 0.2 to 0.5 ohms, and SS coils are needed for replay,, it is not recommended.  It'll work but not well and not at all with replay.  

Hopes this will prevent Orion users from thinking this 1 ohm pod is compatible with the original Orion replay feature. Have a great day....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I built a custom profile for this pod, as it was available in a store near my house. I went with 5 wattage options to see what worked best for me ranging from 8w to 16w. 8w seemed a little weak, but 10 seems to be the sweet spot for me. I have the boost set at 0 across the board, the warmth at 1 across the board, MTL disabled, and the resistance set to 0.8 to 1.2 per op's instructions.

I toyed around with the airflow a little, and found that 30-40% airflow performed the best for me. 12w worked well, also, but it was hitting fine on 10w so I left it there. There is a generous amount of  cotton in these compared to the 0.5 pods. No problems at all with dry hits or harsh hits, and the flavor is phenomenal.

It works perfectly fine in the Orion with the DNA Go board as long as you follow the OP's instructions on setting up the profile with the correct resistance range so that the device recognizes it.

Edited by Dunder Mifflin

On 12/27/2018 at 11:25 PM, BryanG said:

If you managed to get some of the new Orion 1.0 ohm pods and want to use them before they put out an official update for the DNA Orion versus the new non-DNA Orion Q, then you do so by putting your eScribe into manufacturer mod, and setting the resistance range of one of the modes within the range of the pod. I have mine set in "DL" mode to .8 and 1.2 and then the wattages from 8-15 watts through the three modes. This lets me still have my MTL mode for .5 ohm pods. I have a feeling it may take a while for Evolv to get around to the update, so there is your cheater way to set it up for functionality.

However, the device seems to want to fire only up to 12 watts for some reason according to the active monitoring. Thats sufficient for 1.0 ohm, but there definitely seems to be a ceiling and honestly it doesnt vape well enough to warrant me going into deeper settings or analytics to find out why. 

Also, a quick aside, the pod is designed differently for a 1 ohm with what seems to be extra plastic molding for more doming and restriction towards the top of the coil section of the pod in effort to make it more "Mouth to Lung" but it fails pretty badly. They tried to restrict it to feel more MTL like a juul, zero, suorin, etc pod system ,  but you have to run it either with just a pinhole or completely off to make it feel similar to any true MTL style system. It will also still cough you to death and hits very, very rough with air restricted to what I would consider MTL levels with nicotine salts. It vapes fine in direct to lung with possibly a little bit better flavor versus the .5 pod. Its not going to do well as a true MTL pod with their current airflow configurations. 

In the new Orion Q, it vapes pretty much the same but just slightly stronger. Probably a preset voltage or wattage setting on a sliding scale depending on the pod inserted. 

I am using Orion dna go with 0.5 ohm pods and it works perfectly. I recently bought 1.0 pods and changed settings exactly the way you said but something seems weird. Can you tell me what boost did you set for what wattages? Thank you!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, Dunder Mifflin said:

I built a custom profile for this pod, as it was available in a store near my house. I went with 5 wattage options to see what worked best for me ranging from 8w to 16w. 8w seemed a little weak, but 10 seems to be the sweet spot for me. I have the boost set at 0 across the board, the warmth at 1 across the board, MTL disabled, and the resistance set to 0.8 to 1.2 per op's instructions.

I toyed around with the airflow a little, and found that 30-40% airflow performed the best for me. 12w worked well, also, but it was hitting fine on 10w so I left it there. There is a generous amount of  cotton in these compared to the 0.5 pods. No problems at all with dry hits or harsh hits, and the flavor is phenomenal.

It works perfectly fine in the Orion with the DNA Go board as long as you follow the OP's instructions on setting up the profile with the correct resistance range so that the device recognizes it.

Why did you set boost to 0?

And how do you disable MTL mode?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Mare said:

Why did you set boost to 0?

And how do you disable MTL mode?

Thank you!

I was tinkering around. I have since narrowed it to 3 profiles, 10/11/12 watts with a boost of 2 and warmth of 2 across the board. With the airflow between 40-50%, this seems to work well for me. MTL mode can be disabled in the MOD tab in the escribe software. Just uncheck the box.

• 2 weeks later...

My inputs after trying the 1.0 ohm pods.... 

In MTL mode, I setup 5 profiles from 8 to 12 with zero boost. In device monitor it maxs out at about 12 watts. 

I also made sure to adjust the MTL ohms settings 08. to 1.2 ohms. This is so that the mod will recognize the 1.0 ohm pod. 

The setting for warmth in replay is not applicable, hence I did not bother adjusting. 

Verdict (using 25mg salt nic Rush juice) -  The throat hit is much smoother. When using the 0.5 ohm pod I was getting a nice throat hit but at times it feels "harsh". With the 1.0 pod at 12watts setting, I am getting a throat hit that has the impact but not as "harsh" (for the lack of a better word) .  Stronger vapours with the adjustment slightly open,  and overall I would say a 10% improvement in my vaping pleasure.     

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 2:45 PM, Peter Chong said:

My inputs after trying the 1.0 ohm pods.... 

In MTL mode, I setup 5 profiles from 8 to 12 with zero boost. In device monitor it maxs out at about 12 watts. 

I also made sure to adjust the MTL ohms settings 08. to 1.2 ohms. This is so that the mod will recognize the 1.0 ohm pod. 

The setting for warmth in replay is not applicable, hence I did not bother adjusting. 

Verdict (using 25mg salt nic Rush juice) -  The throat hit is much smoother. When using the 0.5 ohm pod I was getting a nice throat hit but at times it feels "harsh". With the 1.0 pod at 12watts setting, I am getting a throat hit that has the impact but not as "harsh" (for the lack of a better word) .  Stronger vapours with the adjustment slightly open,  and overall I would say a 10% improvement in my vaping pleasure.     

Where do you go in escribe to change the device ohms settings? I can't find the tab for this/the page. I bought the 1.0ohm pods but my device can't read them 

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been trying to get the 1 ohm coils to work with my orion plus, but no matter what settings I try, I never get more than ~4 watts of sustained output when looking at the device monitor. Like, I set it to 4 watts (either via the profiles or directly via the device monitor), and I get 4W. I set it to 20W... still get 4W. I've tried changing pretty much every setting I can think of, and nothing seems to help. I've attached a screenshot demonstrating what I'm talking about. I'm at a total loss here, so any help would be extremely appreciated. Can't even get a good hit at the moment.

escribe.PNG

Figured it out, posting my solution here in case it helps anyone.

So, because the 1 ohm pods aren't supported on the orion or orion plus by default, anyone who wants to use them has to change one of their atomizers to accept the 1 ohm pods. When I did this, the acceptable range that I (totally arbitrarily) chose was 0.8 - 1.2 ohms. In my experience the cold ohms of the coil tend to err slightly on the high side, usually between 1.0 and 1.1. And when you take a hit, the coil heats up and the resistance increases. So when I was taking a hit, pretty much regardless of the power I had set, the coil was very quickly approaching that 1.2 ohm limit and the dna chip was automatically reducing the power to keep the coil resistance below 1.2 ohms. As soon as I increased the upper end of the range for the 1 ohm atomizer, I was able to get the power output I had been expecting. I ended up going with 1.5 ohms for the top end, and everything works perfectly now.

tl;dr If your system refuses to output as much power as you think it should, try upping the acceptable resistance for your atomizer.

• Like 1