New Board, dead USB

skineedog

I just received and installed a new 250c board today. After finally getting everything assembled, I find that the usb connection is very loose and neither the board nor the computer respond when connecting to USB. By loose, I mean the cable connection to the port and not the port on the board itself. I have tried several known good usb cables with no response. Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there something I can do to troubleshoot? I have already submitted a ticket to Evolve, but thought I'd check the forum in the meantime.

I had a USB cable that I used for 6 months and it was a snug fit when plugged into the deice but over time it got to be loose fitting..... not  to the point that it would not connect to EScribe.... I thought.... hum..... that the USB port on the device was the cause.... I also had a brand new matching (unused)  USB cable that I bought the same time as I bought the one I had been using.  I got out the brand new cable and it again allowed a tight fit to the USB port of the device....  not saying that's your issue but just passing along on of my USB cable experiences... 

Thanks retird but..... 3 of the 4 cables I tried are in fact new outta the box also. No dice.... the onboard USB is (seems to be) the culprit. Really bummed me out too as I waited longer than I should have had to, to get the parts in. Then, struggled with some of the soldering only to find the USB  port (seems) to be bad. I assume Evolve will send me an RMA and I'll send the mod to them to troubleshoot. Their support on all the retail DNA devices I own has always been superb. I can't imagine this DIY mod will be any different. Just gotta wait.... some more. 

3 hours ago, skineedog said:

Well.... I have identified to problem. It seems there is a problem with my USB hub and or Escribe. Prior to my recent move, connecting through the hub wasn't a problem.. Now, recognition of the devices through the hub seems to be intermittent. 

Good deal you tracked it down....😊