Can't keep the power in T.C.

Asfanews

Hi folks, I am going crazy.

I am using my bf in T.C. but even from the first puffs, when the atomizer is still cold the power drops immediately and it doesn't vaporize, just a little.

The first pic is from the DNA75C, the light green line shows a peek at the beginning but then suddenly drops.

Potenza DNA75C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, retird said:

In the first shot you reach the set temperature ( 180C) quickly (red line) thus the device throttles back.  In the second shot your device settings never let you reach your  220C set temperature ( red line) as it peaks at 191+ C.

yes, it's just to explain the lack of power I am having and that I don't understand why. By the way I did the test on the two mods at the same temperature and it was the same.

35 minutes ago, retird said:

Your first shot reached set temp very quickly... sometimes a coil build (hot spot), using contact coils, or poor connections can result in temp being reached too quickly and the device throttles down....

First, Thank you for your help.

Second, you're saying that the drops of power in the following pic is due to poor connetion? (no hot spot I am sure, it's just a 5 wrap 26AAWG coil).

I'll check tomorrow and update the post.

Potenza DNA75C.jpeg

Yep I said it could be the cause  ... didn't say that was the cause.....many things can be causing it.....   and on your second shot where the device doesn't reach your set temperature you could increase the watts,or reduce Temperature ,so you can reach set temperature and you should see the same  throttling back of power as set temperature is reached that you see in your shot 1 as it reaches set temperature.

• Like 1

Just now, Wayneo said:

So where did you get the TFR/TCR from, and what is it?

If you simulated the build in steam-engine, wire wizard .... is the resistance pretty close to yours? 

I got the TCR from the crazywire datasheet

The table and the other data weren't available, I also wrote them asking for it, but no replay.

So I couldn't create a new material with Steam-Engine. The only thing I could, and I did, was to create a new material with escribe, just from the TCR. 

If need anything else, I am here

If it's the same material in your simple 75 (and it works for you), you could just save that file and use it in your 75C mod.

Crazy wire datashet had some stupid number 'TCR - 3100', which they probably meant 0.0031   That's the value you should have used to create your custom material. CW says right there, they refer to their wire by Ni content, not the (FeCrAl) Iron content so it would match with S-E NiFe52 which is effectively 0.004036.

Your 75C showed a TCR value of ~0.00266. You did not show the ending ohms of your simple 75, and it never dropped power, or reached temp.

If it's the same material in your simple 75 (and it works for you), just save that file and use it in your 75C mod.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

If it's the same material in your simple 75 (and it works for you), you could just save that file and use it in your 75C mod.

Crazy wire datashet had some stupid number 'TCR - 3100', which they probably meant 0.0031   That's the value you should have used to create your custom material. CW says right there, they refer to their wire by Ni content, not the (FeCrAl) Iron content so it would match with S-E NiFe52 which is effectively 0.004036.

Your 75C showed a TCR value of ~0.00266. You did not show the ending ohms of your simple 75, and it never dropped power, or reached temp.

If it's the same material in your simple 75 (and it works for you), just save that file and use it in your 75C mod.

no man, there could be many options to fix my issue, but it was the connection as previously suggested. I checked the box, and the output pin needs to be tightened