Paranormal 250C button issue/auto firing

I've had my paranormal for a little over 2 months, and last week I had it sitting on my desk and it started auto-firing.  I popped open the battery try to make it stop, closed it again, and the problem went away, until the next day.

It was fine for another few days, but I set the max puff time down to 6s and lock time to 5 minutes just in case.

It just happened again, so I figured I'd hook it up to eScribe and restore defaults.  It connected fine, downloaded the settings, but I got an error trying to restore defaults: https://i.gyazo.com/b9be250347ee3aa1d8957d4c28f606e5.png

There also seems to be some issues with the buttons.  My normal unlock sequence is FFF, however when this problem happens, F does nothing, and up/down/enter 3 times will bypass the lock screen and seem to be acting as fire buttons.

I tried contacting Lost Vape but they haven't responded, and VaporDNA says I'm past the 30 day return rate.  Is there anything else I can try?

I did have an RDA on there that was leaking out of the 510 screw, so I opened up the Paranormal and cleaned out the bit of juice with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol, but there was not that much, and no signs of it trickling down to where the board is.

Unsure what to do next, as it's pretty much unusable at this point.  Even taking the batteries out for 5 minutes, then re-inserting them and the problem persists.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did anyone ever get back with you on this problem? I just got one today and had taken the batteries out to charge them, so I put another set in while the others were charging and when I did it started auto firing. So I took them out and did what you did, which was update it on describe. Well I put the atomizer back on it and it didnt auto fire but when i switched back to the batteries that originally made it auto fire it did it again. So, I put the original ones back in and it was fine. Now the batteries that made it so that are brand new ones with no damage. They are the correct size. So i dont what it is or what to do. I've emailed them and am just waiting for a response at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my lost vape paranormal dna250c two days ago. Having the same problem the mod fire by itself. This will happen whenever I changed the atty or attach the atty after disconnect from eScribe. It immediately blow my coil. However, an unnecessary precaution help to prevent this from happening. Whenever I want to attach a new atty, First, I have to press the fire button until it display no atomizer, then press fire 5x to lock the mod, then only I can screwed in new atomizer. Seems like a glitch on the software... Everytime I wanted to change the atty, I have to repeat this procedure again...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TeMPe PeTai said:

The same thing got into my mind just before I read your message.... I will check once I got home... thanks...

open a ticket with evolve, personally ive sent them a dna200 a 75 and a 250 for repairs, never been a hastle, that's one of the reasons you buy a DNA to begin with, warranty and costumer service.

Just confirmed that my profile unity is having slightly longer 510 then the others. I don't have the same problem with my zeus... but my kylin mini is having intermittent problem and it's 510 length is in between of the other two. Just adjusted the 510 positive pin of the unity, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. 

Need to find where did I put my voltmeter first...

I plan to dismantle the mod and check if there is any chance of shorted connection... this is definitely a built flaw... None of these attys have problem on my Aegis Solo...

Edited by TeMPe PeTai

Finally able to get my profile unity connected to the mod without breaking the coil. I adjusted the 510 positive pin on the atty. Make it shorter.

Then, disassembled the mod. Insulate the the whole wire that comes from the battery to the board with the insulation tape. And wrapped the bottom of the 510 connector together with the wire that goes to the board with the insulation tape. And make sure both wires (one from the battery to the board, and one from 510 to the board) are at distance. 

Looks good so far.

This is what happen before the modification -->

• Like 1