Theme Designer...comprehensive instructions?

Hey all. Been a DNA and eScribe user for years but I just got a 250c and started digging in only to find the Theme Designer to be far to cryptic for me.  Is there a guide somewhere that lays out what all the various features, controls, and term mean/do?

I really want to make this mod (FinDer 250c) my own but I'm struggling.

Currently using a slightly tweaked version of Material-ish theme. Would like to get deep enough that I understand how to create my own full featured theme.

Thanks. I'll look up that tutorial.

I used to build custom screens and themes for high end universal remotes (before smart phones took the stage) so I'm pretty comfortable with trial and error and have a grasp of how theae kinds of things layer together. The thing that's killing me right is the lack of a SIMULATOR. (Or is there one I'm missing somehow?).  Making changes to a theme, transferring back to escribe,  uploading, and testing is too tedious. ..especially not knowing some of the most basic things like terminology and syntax.

Like, what the hell is a toggle? And why isn't there an easy way to find the source/target/structure for what screen a control is on or how its status changes.  Having only one screen visible at a time sucks.  Hrmm...  I'll get it. I just wish there was at least a basic help file with definitions, list of functions, and such.

• Like 1

Right now, one of the things I'd like to find a fix for is the apparent lack of a charging screen.  

Also, I want to fix the status field in the main screen so it displays wattage on non-tc coils/profiles and automatically displays temperature on TC coils/profiles...and vise-versa.

Also wish I could disable profiles. I really only want maybe 3. I'd just as soon disable/hide/delete the 5 I'll never use. Save that space and unnecessary button clicking...

Edited by cggorman

There is tons of themes in the download section of this forum as you probably already know....  I just post this one for you to look at as it may help you see what can be done... look at the flow chart and download if you want... .... click on this link

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, cggorman said:

Thanks. I'll look up that tutorial.

I used to build custom screens and themes for high end universal remotes (before smart phones took the stage) so I'm pretty comfortable with trial and error and have a grasp of how theae kinds of things layer together. The thing that's killing me right is the lack of a SIMULATOR. (Or is there one I'm missing somehow?).  Making changes to a theme, transferring back to escribe,  uploading, and testing is too tedious. ..especially not knowing some of the most basic things like terminology and syntax.

Like, what the hell is a toggle? And why isn't there an easy way to find the source/target/structure for what screen a control is on or how its status changes.  Having only one screen visible at a time sucks.  Hrmm...  I'll get it. I just wish there was at least a basic help file with definitions, list of functions, and such.

Thankfully Evolv haven't thought of some crazy definition of "toggle" and it means the same pretty much as everywhere else -- something which toggles the states of a function (usually On/Off).

There is a "live display" or "emulation" as you called it of the theme you are editing, on two places actually: the screen itself which you're editing (once you get used to it, you'll be able to imagine how they display on-screen more) and the one on the right hand side, which contains much smaller windows and is better for getting a real hold of how exactly it will look on the device.

You can check out DJLSB's tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dvBpTm-FQM

Also as noted, you can download a few of the more comprehensive themes/the themes you like and tinkering with them -- for example now I'm learning how to use Escribe by editing the Material-ish Fire theme to my liking.