Replay mode hopefully this helps

edub

I've been scrolling through alot of these forum topics seeing alot of people struggling with replay. I'm not an expert by any means with building, replay mode or temp comtrol. But in my experience with replay( 2 weeks) it's very touchy. I can only use spaced coils, and they can't touch at all. It seems to me that the moment a hot spot is detected by the chip it's no good any more. I've been wrapping my coils clockwise, almost backwards to what I'm use to. If I buy pre built coils I have to unwrap them then rewrap in the opposite direction they came in to prevent them from touching. I've used replay with my Zeus single rta, Themis dual rta, Goon v1.5, Armageddon apocalypse. But again all spaced builds. I hope this helps and again I'm no expert and hopefully this topic hasn't been discussed and this isn't a repeat topic. But I absolutely love replay mode in my paranormal 250c. 

• 2 months later...

I can't imagine having to to go through that much BS.  I have the Lost Vape Mirage DNA 75C and I have not had a single issue you describe here.  I can throw any kind of temp sensing coil at it SS316, Ti, SS430  spaced or not spaced, simple wraps or advanced claptons,,,and my Mirage will happily fire it up.  Your post is a few months old as of this reply so I'm hoping you got Replay mode figured out by now. It isn't rocket science. 

Edited by TorturedZen
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with this. Same issues! I have a trouble ticket in as this replay mode doesn’t Vape right. On my SS316L builds, it will either under power or over power the Vape. It’s tough to get that “perfect” puff replicated. I just use wattage mode now as it’s more consistent. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use tc exclusively and have been for a long time. I was a yihi fan but i got a paranormal and love dna250c. My understanding is that you need to use slightly spaced coils with tc. I consider replay to be a form of automatic tc. I make simple coils from 317L 0.4mm something like 9 wraps 2.5mm. Replay works very similar to tc for me they both give a pleasant consistant vape. Replay possibly a bit smoother. I was using the default material with replay and it worked well. I copied my custom 317L material to the replay profile and its slightly better. This is why i consider replay to be like an automatic tc. If you are using more exotic coils with mixed materials it can be hard to get a correct tc curve, this is where replay comes in I guess.