if i have mod thermal values from someone else but they arent for 70 deg F can i use them??

5 hours ago, Brad S Ruttenberg said:

i have mod  thermal values but the test were done at a temp5 deg  higher than my room  and 5 deg higher than 70F so how do i  plug them in the right spaces and  let the mod know these are values at 75.2 deg f  not at 70??  or doesnt it matter?

I didnt run the case analyzer someone else ran it on their mod and posted values  the room they ran at was 75.2F    i can not run it on mine as it  trickle charges  shows a .0002-0004 continuos charge or temp change due too charge ...  so since i cant run it andf  the data i have   was ran at a much higher room temp  can i use the nubers?

45 minutes ago, retird said:

Make a backup copy of your ecig file before making any changes....I think you should be fine using it as a lot of folks do that....... best if you can run your own analyzer....

of course i have a backup copy .. I have a .003 amp trickle its not enough to charge but it is enough to keep the  mod from ever getting a good  case thermal..  .. as theres a continous low amp trickle and a consistent temp inc /fluctuation because of it

as the gentleman mentions on this  

its enough to keep the temp of the case skewed and elevated... so  is that a problem with the board? do i talk to evolv? it should be 0.000 amp when running case analyzer

Edited by Brad S Ruttenberg

sorry for the chape seatrs comment i got a email that someone had replied   in a way indicating profound lack of understanding of the issues i was having   i edited  the comment as the comment it was refering to doesnt seem  to be on the thread.. and it was out of  frustration and not  fair..    now .. i might start an evolv ticket thank you for the info.. ..and no i actually did it when the batt was  close to full... ..  it might make a difference so ill wait til the batt is half discharged and THEN ill re try case analyzer maybe the trickle charge wont happen if its not  nearly full... ill try again  and post whether i had success with half drained batts or.. if it was the same result and if i needed to start an evolv ticket

8 minutes ago, retird said:

Yep, do let us know what you get with a 1/2 full battery to start....  The guy in the video you posted didn't say anything (unless I missed it) about starting with a battery at about 1/2 charged....

i will try it with  1/2 charge... and let you know... and  no he didnt but  the video  comments i was refering to were  his comments about   some chinese  mods having a trickle   amp.005ish and never just  reaching 0.000 which throws off thermals etc and makes the diagonostic test hard to run cause it  doesnt stablise the temp  back down over 30 min...(from the heat up start...)..etcid assume the .003amp trickle wouldnt be  a huge variance? if i could get the diagnostics to complete which it wont  since it expects and needs to see 0.000 amps..  .. also it occurs to me that since the .003-005 amp trickle is a characteristic of my mod..  having it figured in the case analyzer would be okay .. iuf i could actually get the case thermals test to run.. and finish which is the probklem right now it wont cause it expects to see 0.000amps and expectsa the  case to drop somewwhere close to ambi temp.. right now cause of the trickle charge it fluctuates

Edited by Brad S Ruttenberg

Yes, I have seen a few posts along the way where this trickle you speak of is talked about....  none of my 7 DNA's do that during analyzer... 

I don't know if a trickle is figured into the analyzer function or not..... good question.....  and i wonder how much difference it would make by just being  3 one-thousands of an amp? And could it be a design issue with the wiring/grounding/etc of the device??  

Have a good one and let us know what goes with your analyzer ....

1 hour ago, retird said:

The guy in the video you posted didn't say anything (unless I missed it) about starting with a battery at about 1/2 charged....

1 hour ago, Brad S Ruttenberg said:

and  no he didnt

Sure he does, right around 1 min 50 second mark

Okay h3,does. But that doesn't really affect my question I mean it's possible he does but my concern is more with the weird trickle amperage or can I use the results from somebody else who has the same mod I do even if the ambient temperature they tested them in was 75.2 degrees cuz I could plug in those values and be much much closer than evolve defaults but there's no way when you plug in values manually to indicate what the ambient temperature the test was run at you know like I said whether the guy at the video said half charged or not is really an incredibly tangential issue

This is an issue I also have. I built my own mod with a 4s lipo and can’t see how this is down to mod price (also watched his videos) as the USB port is part of the board and only be evolvs issue of it was faulty. 

Also In device monitor if I turn the charging off it shows 0.000a but not on case analyser which shows this leakage.   It has a big effect on temp as I left the mod to acclimatise all night and all day and as it was waiting to reach a steady temp it went up over 10 Fahrenheit  before the half hour was up so that trickle charge really dose raise the temp. 

Maybe I should also open a ticket but if you find out a resolve it would be great if you could share it here. Thanks.