Pk Mode gone after Update?

Nyudeluxe

1 hour ago, Nyudeluxe said:

Hi Mates,

I notice , PK Mode gone after 2.0 Update or just change in the other Folder?

Yes PK mode is gone. But it has been replaced. In EScribe if you go to Help about EScribe and click the Evolv emblem 10 or so times ( same as when activating PK mode ) on the Mod tab click Safety. You will find a third option for Replay that is " Allow on unlikely coils. This is what replaced PK mode. It works for me much better than PK.

JT

PK mode replacement.PNG

Well that's a drag. I'm using N80, 26 core 36 claptons in a Velocity v2. Two or three puffs and it's Replaying away.

Beyond what I posted above, I do not have clue what to suggest.

Sorry....... JT

If you had replay in PK mode the I guess you could go back to EScribe SP13 and go back to firmware 33.0.

Edited by Jetro
to add, corrected version

vor 7 Stunden schrieb conradisrugged:

Hold on Jetro! I'm using N80 framed staple twisted wire on my one tank I use most of the day, is it compatible with Replay or do I have to change some settings in Escribe?

Just Unlock Escribe, use " unlikely Coils ". Now it should be compatible but it doesnt...

20 hours ago, conradisrugged said:

Hold on Jetro! I'm using N80 framed staple twisted wire on my one tank I use most of the day, is it compatible with Replay or do I have to change some settings in Escribe?

Conrad, It might or might not work with your complex coil. If you want to try it, here is how to activate the new option.

Open EScibe and connect your mod. At the top of the window click Help , About EScribe. Look at the picture below. Then in EScribe click the mod tab and open the safety tab. Next to Replay you will find the option to Allow on unlikely coils. It will look like the second picture.  I have had no problem with the dual N80 claptons in my Velocity and the .5 ohm N80 coil in my Subtank+. I have vaped them dry with just a hint of cotton taste, which where I stopped  and redripped or refilled the Subtank+. When I say dry I mean no visible juice on the wick or in the tank. I think its worth a try to see.

JT

Help , About EScribe.PNG

PK mode replacement.PNG

Edited by Jetro
brain fade

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 5:34 PM, Nyudeluxe said:

Dual Coils on Kan/A1. My Reload RTA / Corona V8 didnt get Replay after 100 puffs :(

Did replay work with PK mode work with kanthal?

I just tried a kanthal build in both PK mode and the new Allow on unlikely coils. It did not work. I am pretty sure there is no replay with kanthal at all. For replay to work the board needs to see a rise in resistance which does not happen with kanthal. With N80 I can see a very small resistance rise with device monitor and replay works for me . Believe or not:).

JT

Edited by Jetro
clairify

• 4 weeks later...