DNA75C Transplant

I had a HCigar Vt75C which housed a DNA75C. The mod used a single 26650 but could also use a single 18650 or 20700 (with an optional battery door). The mod had issues but not the board so I removed it. I'm buying a AlpineTech CNC enclosure, mount, etc... to house the DNA75C board but my issue is I want to use dual 20700's in parallel so will this cause an issue with the board since the mod that originally housed it was setup for single cells? Battery life is horrible with a single cell so would prefer the dual batteries. Thanks for any insight in this matter.

I'm building two Alpine Tech GL2s and they hold dual 20700s, if that helps.  The GL2 isn't too big and all the long sides have rounded edges so it's pretty  comfortable in the hand.

Left to right - Kanger K1(DNA75), Mod Crate ERM(DNA75), ERM+(1300mah DNA200), GL2(dual 20700 DNA75C), Alpine Tech N1(2200mah, 4S, DNA250C).  The 75C and 250C are awaiting 510 connectors.

comparison.JPG

Edited by awsum140
  • Like 2

Nice to see better quality 510's than the old FD & VT.

I'm partial to the Source, I know it's a cheaper knock off of the Evolv 510 But for the $ it's pretty nice :)

To the OP, If your looking for a single 2x700 "C Chip" enclosure thats not as big as a house! Check out this one!

http://analogboxmods.ca/ABM-1-CNC-Aluminium-Enclosure

I know battery life is not that great with a single cell on the 75c.

But If 16 amps is good for you the 20700 Sanyo "B" is over 4000 mah :) 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Chief Grey Bear said:

I had a HCigar Vt75C which housed a DNA75C. The mod used a single 26650 but could also use a single 18650 or 20700 (with an optional battery door). The mod had issues but not the board so I removed it. I'm buying a AlpineTech CNC enclosure, mount, etc... to house the DNA75C board but my issue is I want to use dual 20700's in parallel so will this cause an issue with the board since the mod that originally housed it was setup for single cells? Battery life is horrible with a single cell so would prefer the dual batteries. Thanks for any insight in this matter.

Positive to positive & negative to negative and you should be good to go.