Why hiding the PK function?

hhamlet90

Safe? Why not ? If it works with your coils - you may will get burned cotton if it runs dry - but first of all it should give you a constant vape experience - may the quote of constant puffs is not good enough to announce this feature official.... So happy - it´s there it seems to work good enough to use it ........ so let´s not discuss further - as result evolv may remove it ...... Hopefully NEVER happens ;-) 

Not knowing the full description of the purpose of PK "Allow on unlikely coils"  it may just be a hidden tool that can be used to see if one can vape what seems to be an "unlikely coil".  At this point I see no real value to use it on a regular basis as Replay works nicely.... or maybe it's use can be used for something coming in the future that we know not what it is yet...????

For years now we have seen the DNA technology continually go to the next level and I have wondered for years also if Evolv will ever design what is the weak link (in my opinion) of vaping.  That being the atomizer with its legacy connection issues.  How great it would be to have a new atomizer technology with something different than the "the old technology in the room" .... that being the 510 connector. Noted that Evolv's 510 connector is the best one I've ever used.....

15 hours ago, retird said:

Not knowing the full description of the purpose of PK "Allow on unlikely coils"  it may just be a hidden tool that can be used to see if one can vape what seems to be an "unlikely coil".  At this point I see no real value to use it on a regular basis as Replay works nicely.... or maybe it's use can be used for something coming in the future that we know not what it is yet...????

For years now we have seen the DNA technology continually go to the next level and I have wondered for years also if Evolv will ever design what is the weak link (in my opinion) of vaping.  That being the atomizer with its legacy connection issues.  How great it would be to have a new atomizer technology with something different than the "the old technology in the room" .... that being the 510 connector. Noted that Evolv's 510 connector is the best one I've ever used.....

If it's hidden there must be a reason especially so early on in the release of the feature.

Completely agree on the second point. DNA devices have by far the best TC but it never caught on because of 2 main issues: bad 510 connections and sketchy atomiser design that results in unstable resistance. I've been complaining for ages and have written to various people such as pbusardo to convince them to stress the importance of these 2 factors in the reliability of TC but nothing has come out of it. 

I haven't tried the Evolv 510 but I'm using the Source 510 in all of my 3D printed mods, which is derived from Evolvs design. It is by far the most reliable spring-loaded 510 I have ever used and results in excellent TC. The most reliable is obviously the old 510 non adjustable (or non spring loaded) 510s from my GG mods. I understand the convenience of a spring loaded connection but has just led to massive inconsistency issues because of flawed and cheap designs and is the main contributing factor to almost noone using TC.

Sorry of the rant but I'm quite passionate about this topic and looking back maybe I could have done more but we we're here now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...