DNA250C using NiFe problems

AMDtrucking

Once again, I am going to post ONE single comment here.   Being done so as both an avid vaping enthusiast as well as a passionate Mod Manufacturer.
Very sorry, in advance, if this post embarrasses any, but this thread, as often does in Social Media, gets out of control and much erroneous information posted.

The Evolv Forum is a fantastic tool.  Many super knowledgeable people here to help with various questions.  There are also novices who have no business opening up nor tinkering with a powerful device that they have no idea what they are doing.   While countless of hours go into the designing of our units to make them as best as possible without any expense spared, it is your mod to do with as you please. That said, if you do so and mess things up on your own, use other parts not intended on a device, drill out or cut away the physical enclosure and damage the board or mod, don’t then expect the manufacturers to come to your rescue. If you ask the manufacturer for help or advice (or members here) follow it and don’t instead post “thanks, but I am asking someone else…. especially when multiple people including the manufacturer tell you the exact same thing.

Now, we take extreme pride in all of our products.  Value every single one of our customers and offer unparalleled customer service to the now over 100,000 Boxer Mods shipped to date. I can count on one hand, and even after a warranty period has expired, as well as units purchased as DIY Kits that we did not even make, the amount of times we have rejected a repair….this usually done as @bladedozahas by threatening us. We have also used this BF 510 in over 30,000 units in customers hands. 3 have leaked to date (0.0001). This a result of the mfg not tapping the collar. As AMD pressure tested his, here’s another video (yup @sandboa this is your unit pressure tested prior to shipping to you — which somehow worked fine here, worked fine for you, and then mysteriously, unlike the 30,000 in peoples hands, then somehow leaked days later???). But can it be user error? Maybe a pin hole in their bottle, cutting the tubing wrong, not fully connecting it to the 510 pin…. of course everyone is perfect, just not us. No disrespect to anyone else’s 510 and of course if you ask 5 people you will get 5 different answers as to whom makes the best, but we are a mod manufacturer. Much simpler (and less expensive) for us to buy a 510 then to develop and manufacturer one. We simply did as we did not find one we felt comfortable using in our unit.

Yes, unfortunately I need to call you out in this thread @bladedoza, as you have no issue with your multiple negative and slanderous posts here and flat out lies. Furthermore, there are over 50 (yes, fifty) emails back/forth between you and us… all answered despite how rude and threatening that you’ve been — Just yesterday, one at 1:04PM and then a second one at 1:14, only 10 minutes later, complaining that our customer service is horrible because you did not get a reply in just 10 minutes. On March 29th you were given a RMA because your ohms was “off” 0.007 to a different mod (which does not make that mod correct) — It was again emailed to you yesterday. On April 17th you again emailed, and were given instructions how to calibrate, despite @LeeWB3posting simple step by step instruction to do so. To which he again was nice enough to help here and your response of thanks but I am asking someone else?!?!? Well now you got the same answer from us, him and the person you asked. You also have a RMA from 35 days ago to which you still have not shipped in to us. All because 2 simple steps in Escribe to calibrate you refuse to do. Why use these forums if you refuse to follow the advise?!?

@AMDtrucking…. have you ever emailed us? You’ve taken your mod apart how many times? Using a non-intended 510 and someone else’s bottle. All your prerogative to do. I also noticed a user pointed out to you earlier why your clock didn’t work, suggested you spilled juice all over your chipset…. you were quite rude in your reply to him, and surprise, he was correct. Just as I will surmise here, you drilled out your unit, have a larger than intended 510, removed and replaced the chipset multiple times, and now blame us or Evolv to give you a new screen for you damaging the ribbon cable on yours? Is that fair?

This post is just full of drama and trolling.  No reason for us to reply again.

20180425_145733 (1).mp4

Edited by Ginger
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sandboa said:

Teemu Kangas case designs are great

I'm assuming that you are referring  to a case design of the Boxer? I agree, it is a good design, as far as achieving smaller overall size trying to fit two big batteries and everything else. However, IMHO, it is NOT that good, when you are  building a squonker though. There is a huge opening, right in the area, where tube is attached to the 510 connector. That opening is the "gate" for spilled liquid to flood  the board. Granted, DNA boards are somewhat protected by clear coating. But as my last experience showed, DNA250C are very vulnerable to liquid spills. What I'm going to do next, if Evolv replaces my board, I'm going to take RTV Silicon and hermetically seal that opening. I haven't done it yet.

• Like 1

@Ginger Here is my 510 right now. I have been soaking up the excess a couple times a day.  Are you calling everyone with leaking 510's liers? Also attached a pic of the beautifully marked 510 as I received it back from you

20180503_154255.jpg

20180430_133919.jpg

Edited by sandboa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandboa said:

@Ginger Here is my 510 right now. I have been soaking up the excess a couple times a day.  Are you calling everyone with leaking 510's liers? Also attached a pic of the beautifully marked 510 as I received it back from you

Right..... I personally changed out your entire 510.  30,000 of these in customers hands.  Yet, with our special 510 tool, you are the ONLY one in 30,000 that has a 510 looking like this from us.
not only isn't that possible with out tool as ZERO metal touches the 510, but I would NEVER ship a unit looking like that.   Zero human error can occur.
And did you email us when you supposedly got it looking like that?  Nooooo.... because you didn't. Did you ever even email us to tell us it looked like this ever?   No, again, never.    And if you did, even being your doing, we 'd have happily changed it out for you.    Would you also buy a new car, drive it for a week and then bring it back to the dealer saying its all scratched up?

But, your nature..... go toy around with it, mess it up, and then come here badmouthing us.    Shame on you.

20180503_155007.jpg

Edited by Ginger
edit
  • Haha 1

@Ginger I did, in fact, receive this back from you looking exactly like that out of the box. Unlike some others, I have not messed with my device with the exception of finger tightening the plastic insulator piece by hand! Even after you sent me a descriptive email on how to fix it at home, I opted to send it in for repair instead. Weird that the marks on my 510 seem to line up perfectly with the tabs on that tool you pictured. Almost like they slipped out of the groves and spun around the surface of the 510. When I received it and saw that 510 marred, I figured I would cut my losses and just use it if the 510 didn't leak. The 510 did not appear to be leaking after I received it back from repair. But then gradually began to leak. Why? I don't know. I did not design it, I did not build it, you did. I will be sending you an email soon. Maybe we can get this resolved.

Edited by sandboa
corrected spelling error
  • Like 1

• Nick locked this topic