Hi.
Here is my setup:
Coil: ThunderHead Creations, SS316, 28AWG, 2.5mm, 6 wraps: 0.81Ω

Power: 18W

Temperature: 210°C

Preheat: 25W

Temperature: 210°

Settings for SS316: CSV file from Steam Engine with TCR 0.000915

The results from the vaping experience are attached to this post. Not much vapor produced, it's like the atom can't have the necessary power to vaporize the eLiquid, but if I go in power mode and I set 18W, the experience is smooth, very smooth.

Question: what's the problem? Can't figure out what is going on.

tc.jpg

Edited by mjordan79

In Temp mode your settings (18 watts and 210C)  causes the vape to reach temperature and it maintains temp well below 18 watts.  In power mode you give a full 18 watts to the atty. 

Increase the wattage and the temperature until you get a good vape. (Example - Try 225C and 25 watts in Temp Mode...) 

8 ore fa, retird ha scritto:

In Temp mode your settings (18 watts and 210C)  causes the vape to reach temperature and it maintains temp well below 18 watts.  In power mode you give a full 18 watts to the atty. 

Increase the wattage and the temperature until you get a good vape. (Example - Try 225C and 25 watts in Temp Mode...) 

Ok but it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that there is plenty of power to achieve higher temperatures (after all it uses half of that most of the time). What concerns me the most is the temperature is not constant. When working well, I see in other builds that the temperature curve is smooth and precise. In my build, instead, the temperature is very unstable with strong spikes around the desired temperature. Sometimes 215°, sometimes 205°, like it is never been able to stabilize. Sure, I can achieve a satisfying vape just increasing the temp goal, but with these large spikes, I'm guessing if something is really malfunctioning.
Is stainless steel problematic with this board?

EDIT: The temperature has large spikes but the resistance is not acting that good neither (so this could depend by the resistance acting weired). I would expect a slight increase over time of the resistance value, instead even this value is having spikes while being hit by current:

I would expect a linear increase, not these huge spikes in resistivity.

res.jpg

Edited by mjordan79

SS316 wire is a more "finiky" wire and fine tuning it to get the "smooth" effect you want takes effort to make sure the atty, the build, the connections, and etc. are just right.  Of all the wire types the SS316 took me the longest to nail down to the "smooth" regulation.   Your first screenshot shows a pretty good regulation and overall smother than many I've seen.  Some folks use different TCR's than the default one that comes with the DNA.   Some also use a TCR for a SS316 wire when the wire they purchased is really a SS316L.  Some folks used contact coils where most get better results with SS316L by spacing the coil.  Any hot spot will effect the "smoothness", as will poor connections, dirty connections, wicking issues,,  and etc. Even the way one draws air over the coil can have an effect.   Pre-heat and punch settings can be fine tuned also to smooth out overshooting somewhat also as can the wattage and Temp Setting.  Also some lock the ohms and others do not... I never lock the ohm's as I use the refinement process.  

When I first got exposed to SS316L my results were terrible compared to what you posted here.  Hang in there and keep working at it..... 

• Thanks 1