USB Charging for a DNA75C

Chief Grey Bear

I own a Think Vape Finder 250W (3*18650) Device has of course the DNA250 chip and it provides 2A charging via USB port. My question is I also own a HCigar Vt75C with the DNA75C chip that takes a single 26650 and is power hungry like no tomorrow. Can the DNA75C also be safely charged via the USB port like the DNA250? A USB cable would be better to carry around than a supply of 26650's.

Update to my own question just in case someone reads this post.

After having the time to go to the Evolv site to do a little research I've found out that apparently the DNA75C does not have the same charging circuit as the DNA250 has after all so seems it was not designed to charge via USB port safely like most other mods it is solely for firmware updates only.

I've been charging my DNA's via USB since my first DNA 40 and haven't had any issues. I generally like using it because it's less than 1 amp and I feel like a slower current helps longevity but I could be crazy, who knows (Mooch probably)!

I have my DNA 75 with a 26650 and every month or so I'll charge the battery externally, only once was it "required" as something got screwed up (I think it's the wiring) and the battery wasn't charging right. Anyway, I'm still using the first pair of batteries I bought years ago and I like to think it has something to do with how I use/charge/store my batteries.

A lot of people seem to vote against charging via USB, but it's worked fine for me (so far)!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...