Solara DNA30 converted to DNA60 have a few questions

MikeyG

Hey all,

I picked up an old Solara DNA30 and suspect issue was a bad board...and it was bad.  I worked on it a little and installed a DNA60 Small Screen board with slight modifications and it works wonderfully.  The original Solard DNA30 came with two tiny 902360 Lipo cells totaling 2600mAh.  These were also on their way out and I don't think they would have put out enough power for the DNA60 board so I installed a single 20700 which gives me great vaping time and power.  I am now fine tuning it and playing more with Escribe and becoming fluent....slowly.  I want to set up the thermals for this mod however when I plug in my Solara DNA60 (Firmware 1.2 SP3) I can not run the case thermals in Escribe (V2.0 SP5.2) like I can on my DNA75...75C...200...250, the option (button) just disappears.  I am also looking to see if there is a battery .csv for a Panasonic NCR20700B battery I believe rated at 4250mAh from the manufacture.  Currently I'm running it as a 18650 HG2 and it performs well but want to see what the correct battery profile will do.  I do know that the battery shows empty on the screen at about 30%

Thanks in advance for helping out a new vaper!

Mike

Edited by MikeyG

This was posted by @retird awhile back...

This was posted earlier by Evolv: ( :relaxed: my memory is not as sharp as it was when I was 65)  " DNA 60 can't really use Thermal meaningfully, because the charging is off-board and it doesn't know much about it. The defaults should work well enough."

Don't have the .csv for your cell, but do have one for the Efen 20700, which is a 4300mah cell...or the IJoy 20700, 3000mah....should get ya closer than the HG2's

Efan_20700_4300mah_11.57 Wh.csv

IJoy_20700_3000mah_8.045 Wh.csv

Well thank you for the information.  The files are just what I was looking for.  Unfortunately, I do not have the resistors or the set up to do the battery analyzer utility. Let's see if it makes a difference. 

I'll set the mod to the default thermal settings for the DNA60 chip. 

I made a short attomizer out of one of my RDAs with solid copper 12 gauge to run the mod resistance and come out with .011, I did also test it on my VT75 Nano and I get exactly the same, .011  Does that seem like an accurate range for resistance?  I have another old atty at home I can junk so I may just put a shorting copper pin in there and aluminum solder it for a better test plug.  The Solara was completely re-wired with 18 gauge silicone.  Evolv recommends 16 gauge for the output to the 510, however there is not enough room to solder the wires in the 510 and there is no way to get 16 gauge into the DNA60 board.  Those runs are only at most 1.5" long so I'm not too concerned with the wire getting too heated and burning.

2 hours ago, MikeyG said:

I did also test it on my VT75 Nano and I get exactly the same, .011  Does that seem like an accurate range for resistance?

First off, Evolv says a lower or more conservative value is better than being higher. They also say the lowest they've seen is .004 on their reference 510. Now having said all that, having personally tested 9, I get from .002 to .007 

I have seen a virgin LostVape Paranormal file where .01 was configured, so who knows. 

At least we got COLOR     <- Christmas Festive Theme

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 1:47 PM, giz_60 said:

This was posted by @retird awhile back...

This was posted earlier by Evolv: ( :relaxed: my memory is not as sharp as it was when I was 65)  " DNA 60 can't really use Thermal meaningfully, because the charging is off-board and it doesn't know much about it. The defaults should work well enough."

Don't have the .csv for your cell, but do have one for the Efen 20700, which is a 4300mah cell...or the IJoy 20700, 3000mah....should get ya closer than the HG2's

Efan_20700_4300mah_11.57 Wh.csv

IJoy_20700_3000mah_8.045 Wh.csv

Thanks for those profiles...My battery indicator now seems to be spot on on my bastardized Solara DNA30....DNA60!  Loving the 20700 battery.  I went from about 350 puffs on a HG2 to over 500 on the NCR20700...Real scientific huh?  Real world test lets call it.  Thanks again!