Help with TC build!

Req21

So I got my first DNA device a Lost Vape Triade DNA250 a few weeks ago and it's super awesome! My only desire is get some more vapor, it's decent but I think it could be better, I think it's because I don't know anything about building for TC.

Ive been using my standard builds for wattage mode, dual coil stainless steel 316L Clapton 24/36 3.5 inner diameter 8 wraps ohms around .25, I've also tried same wire dual coil 5 wrap spaced .15 ohm. Any advice on builds for tc for better clouds, maybe single coils? Spaced? Different wire? 

Ps my settings are set with the specific wire csv with a preheat of base wattage for coil +50% ex. The first build run at 100w with a 150w preheat, @500F

Thanks!!!

Sweet, so now if your're in TC, fire up Device Monitor, and with the following clicked on the left hand side (while firing). You should notice your initial preheat spike, then the wattage required to maintain your 500F. If you post a printscreen of the entire screen while firing, I'll see what it'll take to get your watts up.

TempControl.PNG

Edited by Wayneo
Added "while firing"

Yeah, perfect. Notice that green line shows it's about 55 watts to maintain that beautiful solid 500F. That number (55 watts) will change if you do a real not simulated puff. Can you do a real one, this time increase the temp to 550F, upload to mod. Another printscreen, just like this. OR, if you just like that 85 watts but with the benefit of TC (dry hit protection) and really want that 85 watts, there's 1 last/more thing.

Now I'll just ramble for a bit. 

• I don't know if you're concerned you're getting close to the 600F mark. IMHO it's just an artificial safety constraint set by Evolv. I mainly vape in the 390-440F range. Just the heat in my lungs.
  • Is that a single 24/36 or more for your 2 coils? I was gonna run your build in steam-engine for an idea of your heat flux.
  • TC is core wire/material dependant only. Not gauge, wraps, or diameter. It's all about the TCR/TFR.
  • Simplest explanation for TC .... You're now vaping at a set resistance.

Actually I think this coil kind of broke in because I seem to be getting much more dense vapor with the 5 wrap spaced dual coil! Thanks for your help though! Actually can I ask what you like to build? I've only used the above builds but kind of want to try branching out!

As far as wire, pretty much your standard TC wires. SS316L, 430, SS Notch coils, Ni200, Ti01. Both spaced and contact. Used to be dual coils, round or claptons. Now only dedicated single coil atty's. My Kayfun 5 has a single 24 or 26/36 clapton requires about 35 watts to maintain temp. Most of the others are 2x28/40 SS fused, trying to hit .25-.45 ohms. Spaced or contact depends on the build deck. 

Glad to hear it's working for you.

If you want a quicker or slower ramp up, watch that red line in Device Monitor. and adjust those preheat, punch, time.

• Like 1