therion bf 75c

Ghettofixsa

Hi All

Hope some one can help I received my therion on Monday and all was good

yesterday I installed ne coil on atty built on ohms reader and coil read at 0.36ohms on reader

installed on mod and gives me a reading of 0.77ohms which is almost double

I have applied new service pack and no change

thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

Check connections are sound including coil and the 510 is clean and centre pin if sprung is moving freely, try another atty if it read that correctly the problem is probably the first atty.

hi

I have cleaned the 510 and a spring is moving freely

it is not the only atty that is reading like this all the ones I have are all reading double the ohms

3 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

It could be an internal grounding issue (including battery connection), dry solder joint or similar, I doubt it is the software set up but you could try saving your config then resetting defaults, but it sound like it needs returning.

shit I was hoping not to have to do that

I have reset defaults and still the same thanks anyway  

• Like 1

on the BF therion, the 510 goes together really weird, and how the ground wire is soldered to the threaded ring, it doesnt always make good connection, you can try tightening the 510 with a couple pair of pliers, or very carefully ad some solder to bridge the connection from the ground wire to the main body of the 510. 

56 minutes ago, TheSwain said:

on the BF therion, the 510 goes together really weird, and how the ground wire is soldered to the threaded ring, it doesnt always make good connection, you can try tightening the 510 with a couple pair of pliers, or very carefully ad some solder to bridge the connection from the ground wire to the main body of the 510. 

so I must remove the 510 right to get to the ground wire ?

and then re solder it ?

yes, if you remove the 3 T5 torx screw that hold the 510 onto the frame, you should have enough room to tighten the 510 or solder the ground solid.

I have attached a picture to help show what to do. 

in the picture, either tighten the piece outlined in red to the piece outlined in green. OR make a solder bridge like the orange (some good flux will be needed to be able to get the solder to stick to the stainless. 

IMAG0452.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheSwain said:

yes, if you remove the 3 T5 torx screw that hold the 510 onto the frame, you should have enough room to tighten the 510 or solder the ground solid.

I have attached a picture to help show what to do. 

in the picture, either tighten the piece outlined in red to the piece outlined in green. OR make a solder bridge like the orange (some good flux will be needed to be able to get the solder to stick to the stainless. 

IMAG0452.jpg

thanks for the help will need to get a t5 bit and will do as you have sown in pic

hope it sorts it out love this mod so much

1 minute ago, Ghettofixsa said:

thanks for the help will need to get a t5 bit and will do as you have sown in pic

hope it sorts it out love this mod so much

You're very welcome. It should fix your issue, every one of these mods I see reading too high, this fixes it. I for some reason it doesn't open a ticket with Evolv 

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/

Having the exact same problem with my 75c BF. putting a blob of solder on the 510 as shown above didn't change anything (other than invalidating any warranty I may have had).

I have come to the conclusion the 75c board just isn't worth the trouble I am having with them. Of the 3 mods using the 75c board I own, not one of them can be relied upon to give an accurate reading. I wont be buying another that's for sure.

21 minutes ago, wintergreen said:

Having the exact same problem with my 75c BF. putting a blob of solder on the 510 as shown above didn't change anything (other than invalidating any warranty I may have had).

Did you use a good flux, stainless is a pain to get anything to stick to without a good etching flux. so even with a blob of solder, it still could be an open connection.

Open a ticket with Evolv, warranty is still valid on Evolv board. whether its board issue or 510 issue, We will get your device to read properly.

14 hours ago, wintergreen said:

I have come to the conclusion the 75c board just isn't worth the trouble I am having with them. Of the 3 mods using the 75c board I own, not one of them can be relied upon to give an accurate reading. I wont be buying another that's for sure.

I have sent mod back nothing changed on my one either thanks for feedback tho

On 10/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, wintergreen said:

Its not worth the hassle. Im not getting on with the 75c board and even if I did get one to actually work half as well as the older style DNA boards I wouldn't use it because I have no confidence in it.

9/10 the incorrect ohm reading comes from a fault in the device build, either bad ground connection or a bad 510 design, NOT the board. even on other boards other than the 75c, there is typically an issue from the 510 if it reads high, or not at all. 

Edited by TheSwain

I don't doubt that is true, However I can only speak from experience.

I own quite a few DNA devices and have never had a problem with any of them until the 75C. My first one was reading the resistance too low, it still does and when I try and use that mod I am just guessing at temperature because it reads a different resistance to the dozen or so older type DNA mods I have. If I do decide to use it I then have it nag me throughout the day, constantly asking if I have changed the coil. I have run the case analyser countless times before you tell me I need to do that. That was never a problem with the older DNA boards.

I bought 2 of the Therion BF 75C's and they now read the resistance too high, so once again I am left to guess at what the temperature might be.

I have lost confidence in what was widely regarded as being the most accurate device on the market and wont be buying any more. Whether its reading too high or too low it is no longer accurate, Vaping on a 75C has become a chore. I cant rely on being able to pick up my mod and enjoy a vape. So as a result the 75C devices I have bought wont get used.

• 4 months later...

I have a therion bf and had this problem that the mod read the resistance .3-.4 too high and opened the mod and used some sand paper to clean the 510 and soldered  the wire back with a bigger area and now the mod is 100%, seem like the soldering is not sufficient from the factory.  

On 10/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, Azazel said:

Djlsb said it had something to do with the internal resistance of the Box being wrong and it's like 0.0081 he recommends that you go on escribe and set it to  0.015 mine's been reading my has been reading my coils extremely accurate

I loaded the international firmware SP27 on my U.S. Therion 75c bf which my default factory internal mod resistance was 0.01 and changed it to 0.015, It reads correct now and the extra features of the international firmware to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2RudRe7kY

Edited by Badnews69
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mstave said:

I have the same issue with the mod reading ohms 0.3-4 ohms too high and jumping around.   Emailed Nick to ask if I should send it in to Evolv, or just send it back

What is the factory internal mod resistance in EScribe

You can use a 11USD Calibration Tool for the DNA250, 200,75,75c,60 and it will fix it. Takes all but 2 mins, But if the ohms is jumping around like mad then you have maybe a ground problem with the 510, If not the internal mod resistance is off.

Edited by Badnews69