Using eScribe

timbuc2dan

Hey everyone,

1) First question, when I hook up to computer is the mod going to go into charge mode automatically?

Can anyone tell me about use of eScribe for my DNA75C please?

I would like to use one of the other themes, I've got the eScribe software and the theme, I'm only using it in Kanthal wattage mode. I have the manual but need to know -

2) Is there anything I have to do to the mod before I upload the theme to the mod or will theme override/replace old one?

3) Do I have to adjust the new theme profile settings while it's hooked to the computer or disconnect and adjust them once the new theme is on the mod?

4) Is the theme already complete so I don't have to select all options that are shown in the Theme Tab list in the manual?

Thank you!

1. YES

2. Save a copy of your original .ecig file to your computer before making any changes of themes, cvs files, battery or thermal settings and etc.  You can upload the original .ecig file at a later date should you need to. Uploading a theme, or an .ecig file, replaces the old one on the device.

3.You can change settings either way but modifying the theme design will require the Theme Designer in EScribe. 

4.When you upload a theme it is complete according to the design of that particular theme.  It may or may not include all the various fields ot actions you are looking for in a theme.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, timbuc2dan said:

Can anyone tell me about use of eScribe for my DNA75C please?

djlsb vapes on youtube has a video.

11 hours ago, timbuc2dan said:

4) Is the theme already complete so I don't have to select all options that are shown in the Theme Tab list in the manual?

Theme issues are probably best handled when you direct your concern to the theme creator if you don't want to troubleshoot it yourself (plus it might make it into their next iteration. Escribe stuff is common to everyone.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:47 AM, retird said:

1. YES

2. Save a copy of your original .ecig file to your computer before making any changes of themes, cvs files, battery or thermal settings and etc.  You can upload the original .ecig file at a later date should you need to. Uploading a theme, or an .ecig file, replaces the old one on the device.

3.You can change settings either way but modifying the theme design will require the Theme Designer in EScribe. 

4.When you upload a theme it is complete according to the design of that particular theme.  It may or may not include all the various fields ot actions you are looking for in a theme.

Thanks, do I use the eScribe to save a copy of the original .ecig file settings? If so how?

On 9/8/2017 at 6:36 AM, Wayneo said:

djlsb vapes on youtube has a video.

Theme issues are probably best handled when you direct your concern to the theme creator if you don't want to troubleshoot it yourself (plus it might make it into their next iteration. Escribe stuff is common to everyone.

I'll check that out. Not having issues with theme was just wondering if the batch of pics that are shown with a theme are what will already be included or would I have to add them myself but I get what you're saying, thank you.

1 hour ago, timbuc2dan said:

Thanks, do I use the eScribe to save a copy of the original .ecig file settings? If so how?

File -> Save As (I usually name it mod-whats been changed)

1 hour ago, timbuc2dan said:

... the batch of pics that are shown with a theme are what will already be included

YES!

1. YES

Ok, Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

1. YES

Ok, should I apply the 1.1 SP25 update that shows up after hooking up my mod, it has that yellow light bulb icon next to it, before I do anything else? I saved a copy of the original file but haven't changed the theme yet.

3 hours ago, timbuc2dan said:

Ok, should I apply the 1.1 SP25 update that shows up after hooking up my mod, it has that yellow light bulb icon next to it, before I do anything else? I saved a copy of the original file but haven't changed the theme yet.

Never mind, I'm getting the hang of it!