VTBOX 250 battery percentage issue

Dynamic Knight

Hello everyone,

I got this issue with my vtbox250 by VapeCige: when the box is fully charged the battery percentage on the screen drops dramatically after every puff. I don't believe the percentage shown reflects the true battery level, still it is quite annoying as it represents the only minor issue of an otherwise exquisite box. 

I believe it might have something to do with the wh parameter, so I attached what I see in eScribe.

Thank you all for your help

vtbox wh.png

The settings look OK, it's the default battery curve from Evolv.  I suspect there is a connection issue causing it to see a large voltage sag under load, you should be able to see that in device monitor.  I don't know the internals of that mod so can't give specific advice on where to look.

45 minuti fa, VapingBad ha scritto:

The settings look OK, it's the default battery curve from Evolv.  I suspect there is a connection issue causing it to see a large voltage sag under load, you should be able to see that in device monitor.  I don't know the internals of that mod so can't give specific advice on where to look.

Thank you, do you think I should run a battery analyzer?

First of all - you are a bit high in impedance of your coil - YES the DNA is capable to drive 0,716 Ohms - but of course the chip is mainly designed for Temperatur Controlled vaping 

You´ll have best results in between 0,1 to 0,5 Ohms - see attaches graph of the output in function of resistance ......... Your setup will consume abt. 10 amps 0,716 Ohms 70 Watts 7,08 Volts 10 Amps

1.png

• Like 1

1 ora fa, Lowbytes ha scritto:

First of all - you are a bit high in impedance of your coil - YES the DNA is capable to drive 0,716 Ohms - but of course the chip is mainly designed for Temperatur Controlled vaping 

You´ll have best results in between 0,1 to 0,5 Ohms - see attaches graph of the output in function of resistance ......... Your setup will consume abt. 10 amps 0,716 Ohms 70 Watts 7,08 Volts 10 Amps

1.png

Thank you. Yeah, I usually stay around 0.3, you are right. 

Well, now the battery is fully charged and the wh went from 9 to 14.7 after the battery analyzer so I hope I've managed to fix it. I will let you know if anything doesn't work propertly. 

Thank you very much, you've been clear and helpful.