VTC 75C Warning

DNA Papst

Here now better pictures from the mod. and Mooch have an new statement about the problem:

Mooch

WARNING: I recommend not using your HCigar VT75C...at all.

I posted earlier (now deleted) about HCigar's warning not to use 26650's that were "too long", i.e., ones they didn't bother to test the device with. I recommended only using shorter 26650's and mentioned a few that I measured as being shorter than most.

I've thought about it some more and have decided that I must recommend not using this device at all.

Using a 26650 that is "too long" can lead to a short-circuiting of the battery, possibly causing it to burst. This is an unacceptable design flaw followed by completely inadequate testing by HCigar. What kind of company doesn't try out a variety of 26650's when creating a 26650 mod?

Here's HCigar's statement regarding this problem: https://imgur.com/a/aK2q0

Some posts and a video about this problem, posted to my previous thread...
From Milen Cholaski: https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68961-vtc-75c-warning/
From Milen Cholaski: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH2bVu_YUL0

Not knowing what length any 26650 could be, and the possibly very serious consequences of this mod's defect, has led me to recommend not using this mod at all and speaking to HCigar about your options.

If you do decide to use it I strongly recommend only using 18650's, very carefully.

I realize that many of you have had no problems using 26650's in this device. But the risk remains and I must stand by my recommendation. Each person can make their own decision regarding this risk and I fully respect their decision.

20747618_10211940066088684_365621687_o.jpg

20750456_10211940066168686_1198766994_n.jpg

20793836_10211940065928680_1404973242_o.jpg

I received a reply from Evolv recommending using only the 18650's and do not use any 26650 batteries at all. Glad I read this since I've got 2 of these 26650's on the way to me so will be returning them. A seriously major problem here for HCigar and anyone who doesn't know about this issue so spread the word please. I've only been using mine with the 18650's with no issues, doesn't get hot at all and I vape all day. I'm really happy with this mod, I've got it in blue and most online pics don't do it justice, the blue is really a nice deep blue with gloss like a car has, using an old Vaporesso Target tank in wattage mode but will be trying a Sense Blazer 200 soon so I haven't tried the online software yet, a lot of serious vapers recommend it. I'd still say buy this especially if you aren't into temp mode or don't need to make clouds, my e-liquid is 70/30 and the mtl is great with plenty enough vapor and flavor. At least some good can come out of this and that's a really good example of just how careful we need to be using Li ion batteries in any device. I think manufacturers need to start telling us exactly which size batteries with voltage and mah and A listed in the instruction manuals and online.

I also think the device software should have atomizer coil type, temperature and battery recognition built into it especially since they are making mods that use up to 3 batteries now that reach ridiculously high temps. Seriously folks, how huge do you need your vapor clouds to be and why, what's next, battery banks you wear on your waist wired to the mod? For me it was all about quitting cigarettes, e-cigs allowed me to just stop cigs and start vaping same day, never went back. So stay safe and keep on vapin'.

Thank you HCigar for such a fine mod!

The Problem is - there are so many re labeled cells on the market - you´ll never know what you get until you hold it in your hands - also there are "fake" cells out there! 

Senseless to discuss why people are doing what they are doing - (Big Clouds) - why buying a car with 500PS when you are living in country with speed limited to 55mph? They do so because they want to do so - because they have the money - because they have ........ because they want......                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   SO WHY NOT?  * Live and let live * - By the way - wrong Forum to discuss about sense of doing things ;-) my2cents

Vape on

Mikel 

Edited by Lowbytes
  • Like 1

On 05/08/2017 at 3:51 AM, Vapingwithcnote said:

I use ijoy 26650 batteries in mine my mod gets warm with those batteries. I used a awt yellow one first and had one get super hot and the battery became unusable. My thoughts they need to fix this issue before someone gets seriously hurt.

I Second the iJoy 26650 getting warm quite a few times and the one time it got really hot i inspected the baseplate were the heat was originating from, basicaly looking at the bottom of the mod with the two hex screws across the top, the right one has a earth connection soldered to it inside, this solder looked like it was making a contact where it shouldnt be or mentioned before some high resistance issue. I moved it slightly and reassembled and seems ok atm but im not 100% comfortable using this a daily.

Hcigar i hope you read this  "we dont need to give the FDA any more reasons to mess up the scene"

This the answer from HCigar to my email asking them to recall and replace all the VT75C devises

"hello dear

We noticed this problem, due to the size of the market 26650 battery is not standard, the use of non-standard battery caused by short problems,
We already upgrade it, we will send you a small accessories, you only need to install this small accessories, will solve all problems;, you will be able to use any type of 26650 battery, you can temporarily use the 18650 battery.
Please give me your address and phone number, so we can send you the parts."

• Like 1

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Opanos:

This the answer from HCigar to my email asking them to recall and replace all the VT75C devises

"hello dear

We noticed this problem, due to the size of the market 26650 battery is not standard, the use of non-standard battery caused by short problems,
We already upgrade it, we will send you a small accessories, you only need to install this small accessories, will solve all problems;, you will be able to use any type of 26650 battery, you can temporarily use the 18650 battery.
Please give me your address and phone number, so we can send you the parts."

So please - if they send you the parts, upload pictures of the parts here! I´m that interested........

They already send me photos of the "parts"

In fact the "parts" is an insulator that they believe can protect the positive of their shitty  device.

I am done with HCigar. 

hello dear

Very easy to operate, do not need to disassemble, as I sent to your picture operation, put the gasket on the 18650 battery tube, and then posted at the bottom of the positive.
Without any additional cost, we will send to you free of charge.

Best Regards
2017-08-14"

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 minute ago, Opanos said:

They already send me photos of the "parts"

In fact the "parts" is an insulator that they believe can protect the positive of their shitty  device.

I am done with HCigar. 

hello dear

Very easy to operate, do not need to disassemble, as I sent to your picture operation, put the gasket on the 18650 battery tube, and then posted at the bottom of the positive.
Without any additional cost, we will send to you free of charge.

Best Regards
2017-08-14"

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm in the process of getting mine exchanged for a different mod, I agree 100% I'm done with hcigar. My next dna 75c is the lost vape paranormal.

The key word here is "possibly".

Guys, this is for our protection and health.

Enough with companies that they think we are beta testers for their malfunctional devices.

The only "punishment" that they understand and feel, is the customer and reputation loss.

• Like 1

Just now, Opanos said:

The key word here is "possibly".

Guys, this is for our protection and health.

Enough with companies that they think we are beta testers for their malfunctional devices.

The only "punishment" that they understand and feel, is the customer and reputation loss.

I will gladly beta test any evolv firmware just not a Chinese made mod to risky.

Hi guys, it's true that they made a big mistake with this mod and also with the cabling of the VT75 Nano. But the mods made by them looks nice and the price is affordable. I just emailed their after sales service and they will send me some parts to replace. So it will be possible to use all kind of 26650. In the meantime I will use 18650 batteries. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb stepp:

Hi guys, it's true that they made a big mistake with this mod and also with the cabling of the VT75 Nano. But the mods made by them looks nice and the price is affordable. I just emailed their after sales service and they will send me some parts to replace. So it will be possible to use all kind of 26650. In the meantime I will use 18650 batteries. 

Sorry - they´d made the mistake to sell the mod as it is! Who gives you the guaranty that a second insulator helps? Is it 100% proven that the shorting was due bad isolation on the top of the bat tube? They´ve already changed the battery cap and the threading part - after we gave them the information - then we gave the information of heating up cells - now they change the insulator - what next? Are they selling a mod or a beta product to find out all issues with it? Do they pay us for doing so or do we pay for a product ?! Sorry - yes a mistake but i think there are more parts left that can cause a Problem.........