HCigar VT Inbox DNA75 - "Too Hot"

RichterR

Hello,

i've recently purchased a VT Inbox by HCigar (DNA75). I love the device so far but it is almost unusable with dual coil builds or builds that tend to get a bit hot. I've started with a Maze V4 and a Wotofo Serpent BF both in DC->After 3 drags the device threw out a "Too Hot" Message. The Board Temp was about 190F, the initial Board Temp was 89F. After switching to single coil builds and doing more pauses bewteen the drags it all worked fine but when i tend to vape a "lot" (Lets say 6 drags in 5 Minutes, the device still throws a "Too Hot Message". What can i do to fix this? Im currently using a Pulse RDA with Stagged Claptons (0.3) on 75W. I vaped higher amp builds on my other cheaper devices without having issues, its realy annoying.

Another strange thing is that usualy the "Too Hot" message is thrown at arround 190F Board Temp but this is kinda unrealiable as well today i got one at 170F.

Has anyone experienced such an issue? Ive checked the forum but havent found a solution. I've already applied the latest service packs and reflashed the firmware. What else can i do?

wbr

Robin

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

same problem here on my vicious ant primo 26650 ti which is like a week old i put a battery in after letting it sit overnight and the board temp is saying 170f wtf? im lucky to get 1 puff before 'TOO HOT" pops on the screen. there is no way the board can be that hot.... updated service pack did a hard reboot still nothing..... HELP!!!

Did it immediately say "too hot" when you put in the battery?  When you put in the battery were you able to fire the mod?  Does it show "too hot" after installing the battery without an atty attached and not firing device for a minute or two? Atty attached make any difference?  Any other information may help....

it did fire immediately 1 time before too hot was displayed . loaded battery and pressed button12 hours later i pop a battery in and its too hot immediately..  even when i plugs the usb in with no battery in the mod it reads 190s-low 200s F.. THE ROOM TEMP READS 110 always in my room that is about 65f.

hum, about a week old.... contact the vendor/mod maker.... that's an expensive work of art and they should correct the issue I would think.....  sounds like something could be shorted out.... let us know what resolve you get from the mod maker/vendor....